LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup

Images

World Cup

Okay my dudes and dudettes. Can't believe no one has started an actual WC thread. I know we all discussed the atrocities going on down in Rio leading up to this.

But it's here. No Donovan. Altidore is out with a blown hammy. We have to move Dempsey up front because Jürgen Klinsmann thought it was SUCH a great idea to leave the most decorated US player in the history of the game off the roster.

Anyway, who do I want to win? USA, Germany, Italy... In that order.

I am Italian and German.

I think Germany has the best chance to win out of my favorite squads. Germans were nasty 4 years ago and even nastier this year. Straight soccer machines.

I just hope ANYONE but Mexico or Brazil wins. I wouldn't mind if anyone but Brazil won from South America, or even a team like South Korea...

Who I don't want to win: Anyone besides Germany or Italy from Europe. No one from Africa. No one from the middl east. NO MEXICO. No Russia...

Otherwise I am good. I basically oppose any nation with a huge political opposition to us, or nations that I just generally don't like... I.E. Russia.

USA, USA, USA..... We are in the group of death... But if we can pull off one more win, I think we will advance. Hopefully we can win Sunday and put up a few goals.

I played soccer all the way through college, but it's only during the World Cup that I really get amped up for Soccer at all here in the US.

My wife's cousin played for many years for the US, so that was always fun rooting for a family member, but he retired two years ago.... No more dogs in the fight.

Images
    Ohh and the reason I hate Mexican soccer, is cause they hate us. I loved Mexico and always respected their people, but I had hundreds of guys over the years that worked for me, and were from Mexico, but had moved to the US. You would think they would support US soccer as long as they werent playing Mexico. That is actually not the case. Mexicans love our jobs and our country, but they HATE our national soccer team. They would get together in huge groups in San Diego to root against us for no reason. So from then on, I stopped cheering for Mexico and I wish them nothing but disaster every time they play. Soccer is literally all Mexico has going for them, so to see that taken away and them being left with the reality of their nation, is what I will celebrate. Cause they aren't even that good.

Fukc Soccer... This is god damn Merica

Images
    haha. Gotchu. But it is ironic, that we still have the capabilities to take out nations in the world cup, where soccer is their religion. It is the only thing they care about, and big, bad America can RIP THAT out of their lifeless hands as we defeat them in a sport that we care nothing about. Now that my friend is American arrogance, put to great use.

Images
    Man, and I don't know how Iran even qualified, I watched 3 of their fullbacks blow clearances right up in the air back into their own box. They all did it, repeatedly. Almost own goaled twice in three minutes. It was seriously amateur hour.

netherlands for the win

their first game was amazing

La Mudial! Gotta love it.

1. USA (Always # 1 in my heart)
    2. Germany (The land of my forefathers and a beautiful brand of technical soccer.)
    3. Holland (Total Futball!)

I always pull against Brazil. They are like the Miami Heat of soccer. Too stocked with talent and ego to ever get behind.

Slide on.

Hey I love soccer too! Been playing since I was six, and now I'm on a u14 team where I live that is 4th in state! Anyway, I love the U.S obviously, and my two other teams are the Netherlands and Germany. I love the tenacity of the Dutch, and my dad is part German and he has always loved soccer (in south jersey hall of fame for soccer at Rutgers university). Hopefully one of these three teams will get to the finals. So yeah, I BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by metard View Post
    netherlands for the win

their first game was amazing
    Yeah, that was 4 years of pent up anger and hate. They should have won last year.

For the "Mericans" who are listening, but not understanding: Netherlands were narrowly defeated by a lesser team (Spain) in the final match 4 years ago... So, the Netherlands are the San Antonio Spurs, who had the Heat beat and the champagne ready last year, only to ultimately lose to the lesser team.... So this year, the Spurs laid the smacketh down in such a way that has not been seen since the Chicago Bulls of the 90s.

Anyway, Yeah, The Netherlands are looking good. I would definitely test the whole squard for "substances" but hey.

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    . Soccer is literally all Mexico has going for them, so to see that taken away and them being left with the reality of their nation.

drugs, tourism, cheap labor, mexicution videos on liveleak, tequlia, etc

soccer's not their only game