Thread: World Cup

i actually watched the whole first game

i've never done that btw, scoring 5 goals made it worth it

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by metard View Post
    drugs, tourism, cheap labor, mexicution videos on liveleak, tequlia, etc

soccer's not their only game
    Touche.

They are such pride-filled people for what they have to endure as a nation. To them, they think everything about their country is paradise. I aint mad at em, but if you have such a love affair and obsession with our country, you better support the flag once you get here. I understand them rooting for Mexico AGAINST the US. But when we are having a friendly with England and they are all rooting for England, I am like, F You clowns. Mexico loves everyone around them, but hates them. Mexico hates every neighboring nation to the south as well, and if you want to see something funny, call a Columbian Girl Mexican and see what happens. Or accidentally call a guy from El Salvador Mexican. You will immediately hear some amazing thoughts.

Argentina or Germany. Ridiculous teams this year. Absolutely ridiculous.

I LOVED that Portugal got smoked. Hate Ronaldo, pretty little princess, he's all about Ronaldo. He could care less about his team unless it involves $$.

Brazil, eh. Mexico was beastly the other day.
    Italy is garbage now. They don't spend any money on youth anymore. Buffons generation was the last real push in their young programs. That being said, I'm a juve fan.

Argentina or Germany. I'm sticking to it.

That being said, id love to see the US do some damage. Portugal, IMO, we are going to take them. I just have a feeling. Hell id love to see us take the whole thing. We did tie mex at azteca, which is quite possibly the scariest place on earth to play a game. I love a good underdog win. Plenty of people are counting us out...I am not one of them.

Germany is going to be a nightmare of a game though. Jesus that midfield is huge.
    Last edited by MichaelJR; Jun 20, 2014 at 01:00 AM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJR View Post
    Argentina or Germany. Ridiculous teams this year. Absolutely ridiculous.

I LOVED that Portugal got smoked. Hate Ronaldo, pretty little princess, he's all about Ronaldo. He could care less about his team unless it involves $$.

Brazil, eh. Mexico was beastly the other day.
    Italy is garbage now. They don't spend any money on youth anymore. Buffons generation was the last real push in their young programs. That being said, I'm a juve fan.

Argentina or Germany. I'm sticking to it.

That being said, id love to see the US do some damage. Portugal, IMO, we are going to take them. I just have a feeling. Hell id love to see us take the whole thing. We did tie mex at azteca, which is quite possibly the scariest place on earth to play a game.
    Yes, my sister travels to all the US games. Yes, she is a groupie, she is down in Rio now. She did verify that Azteca is the gnarliest sporting venue on earth. 10K ft elevation, covered in filth and smog. Fans throwing open cups of human urine at opposing players and fans... Lovely.

Argentina is dope too. I think Germany, pound for pound is the best roster out there right now. If the US beats Portugal, we advance. That is all that matters now. FIFA rigged us for one of the toughest groups out there. It looks like if we clear this round, we will catch a breather, comparatively speaking to round one.

I think youth soccer in Italy may have stalled a bit, but they are still going strong. They won the whole thing in 06'. Even then, they were not favorites. The Italians are super sneaky and smooth as silk. You don't even know they are there until it's too late.

Like I said, I think Germany will win, but I want to see the world get shaken up. Can you imagine what the WORLD would do if the US won the world cup? I think we would see mass suicides all over the earth. Entire nations would fall. Mexican's would lose their faith in humanity and religion. The Brits would drink themselves to death and Putin sure would be pissed. USA USA USA!

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    Yes, my sister travels to all the US games. Yes, she is a groupie, she is down in Rio now. She did verify that Azteca is the gnarliest sporting venue on earth. 10K ft elevation, covered in filth and smog. Fans throwing open cups of human urine at opposing players and fans... Lovely.

Argentina is dope too. I think Germany, pound for pound is the best roster out there right now. If the US beats Portugal, we advance. That is all that matters now. FIFA rigged us for one of the toughest groups out there. It looks like if we clear this round, we will catch a breather, comparatively speaking to round one.

I think youth soccer in Italy may have stalled a bit, but they are still going strong. They won the whole thing in 06'. Even then, they were not favorites. The Italians are super sneaky and smooth as silk. You don't even know they are there until it's too late.

Like I said, I think Germany will win, but I want to see the world get shaken up. Can you imagine what the WORLD would do if the US won the world cup? I think we would see mass suicides all over the earth. Entire nations would fall. Mexican's would lose their faith in humanity and religion. The Brits would drink themselves to death and Putin sure would be pissed. USA USA USA!

Nothing I would love more than a full on world upset. USA, back to back world war champs, best at everything, own the Olympics, oh and we can play soccer now too.

Imagine that. Biggest upset in world sports history, literally.

.................................................. .
    IMG_0915.jpg

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    IMG_0915.jpg
    Very nice. When I was in Brazil last year they were protesting a lot. Saw a burned out bus. Pretty crazy conditions for the poor down there.

Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    IMG_0915.jpg
    their complaint is valid.

they didn't have one for surfing:

http://www.mtb-downhill.net/football-vs-downhill/

Quote Originally Posted by aka pumpmaster View Post
    they didn't have one for surfing:

http://www.mtb-downhill.net/football-vs-downhill/
    lol. i liked the guy who was down hard who all of a sudden came right back to life.