LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup

Images
    World Cup is awesome. I don't think the US stands much of a chance to win it all, but I'm definitely amped to watch their games. The hit to Altidore sucks! I've had a hamstring pull, and I can't imagine him coming back and playing. I will be cheering for Costa Rica and Mexico as well.

Images
    Boooooooooooooo mexico!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    Boooooooooooooo mexico!
    I haven't seen the Mexico hate, but I don't doubt that its there in Mexico (prob not from US Mexicans). I have a Mexican friend, so that is why I would root for them.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SI_Admin View Post
    I haven't seen the Mexico hate, but I don't doubt that its there in Mexico (prob not from US Mexicans). I have a Mexican friend, so that is why I would root for them.
    I am sure it's a regional thing. I got a Mexican friend too. He hates US soccer =)

I don't care if there are young Ballers dribbling melons and coconuts in third world countries from infancy through adulthood and that this is the "world's pastime". You guys won't even support a tread bout American football during one of the NFL's banner seasons let alone a tread of playoff hockey.

YOU GUYS DON'T EVEN LIKE "SPORTS" so why the tread?

Images
    I am an NFL fanatic bro. If you even knew the amount of Raven's, Orioles and Padres apparel that I have, you would be astonished. A lot of the guys on here do not care for "organized" sports as it were. But as the OP, I am not one of them. Dude, I average like 3 fantasy football league per year. I do MLB, even Fantasy Golf man....

I have WATCHESPN streaming at all times on the second screen in my office, and if I need both screens, I break the laptop out and stream that. My twitter feed is primarily all Orioles and Ravens, and surprisingly, they actually speak to me from time to time.

I am an american football Junkie. I grew up playing basketball and soccer, but the NFL is the tits man. Nothing like it on earth. It makes EURO soccer look like a book club, and I love soccer.

NFL, NBA playoffs (Have you not seen all my anti-lebron posts), MLB playoffs are it man. I will watch Capitals Hockey, but hockey is just as boring as soccer to watch until it matters. I LOVE Olympic hockey....

But man, it is what it is. The rest of the world ONLY cares about the World Cup. Period. So it is important for us to flex our muscles every 4 years and at least put out a good showing, because in international politics and opinions, how your nation's soccer team performs and is coached, is a direct reflection of your place in this world.

If you can't play soccer competitively, you can't fight competitively either. People won't even fear us if we can't teach a bunch of guys to kick a ball in the back of the net. We have the world's largest talent pool of athletes in this nation. We SHOULD have a soccer program that OWNS everyone. But that is not the case. But we are far better than people give us credit for.

America is a blend of the BEST of every corner of this nation. We come together, with deep roots from every inch of the world, and on a soccer pitch, we should be very dominant.

Images
    With ALL of that being said, I think my favorite sporting event to attend is MLB Baseball games. There is nothing like spending a day at the ballpark. Cheap seats, bleacher seats, good seats, dugout, whatever. Best day in sports is spent at a Baseball park for sure.

costa rica over italy 1-0

Quote Originally Posted by metard View Post
    Italy killed their youth programs.

Point in proof.

BUFFON, WTF WAS THAT! Dude was an ace in his day....slowing down and making mistakes, no good man. Still soccer legend status, but that was a bad show on his part.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by metard View Post
    Yeah, WR deserved the win. Well played. Italy is still in the driver's seat to advance. That have a +1 GD on Uruguay. Win or a tie and they are in.