LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup

If both US and Argentina win next week, they will play each other in the semifinal. If the US eliminated Argentina, and I went around flag waving, could you imagine what they would do to me here?

And, why isn't anyone talking about the greatest moments; Luis Suarez with his THIRD career biting of an opponent:

... and Argentine player Lavezzi squirting his coach in the face with a water bottle? Here's a nice GIF I couldn't embed:

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2014/...la-water-video

Quote Originally Posted by Pride Da KOOKamonga View Post
    I watched a soccer game once-yeah i was trying to get with a hotty. I watch that dumb azz movie "ET" once, it too was for a hotty. I even went to "bed bath and beyond" and bought wind chimes for house warming gifts, yeah, for a hotty. Yes, you see I have done many things I'm not proud of, mostly for hotties, but the one I'm most ashamed of, is that soccer game I watched, that truly was a waste of time.
    Gotta hand it to ya Pride, funny first post, but I think you need to revisit the MLA style book .... not sure 'bed bath and beyond' belongs in quotes... stay proud
    Last edited by Slashdog; Jun 27, 2014 at 03:48 PM.

Images
    Here we go. I hope today that we see an aggressive strategy from Klinsmann. Can't wait around any more. Attack today. Attack now.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashdog View Post
    Gotta hand it to ya Pride, funny first post, but I think you need to revisit the MLA style book .... not sure 'bed bath and beyond' belongs in quotes... stay proud
    Something about this whole exchange really cracked me up...ok, back to soccer/football...when do you guys think 'Mericans will start calling it that? I mean can we continue to play in this thing and call it soccer? Don't the other countries hate that?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Something about this whole exchange really cracked me up...ok, back to soccer/football...when do you guys think 'Mericans will start calling it that? I mean can we continue to play in this thing and call it soccer? Don't the other countries hate that?
    That is why we do it. It is supposed to make everyone else hate it. If we ever conceded the name, the rest of the world would take a sign of relief and probably admit how much they envy the NFL and American "Football".

But since that won't happen, we can just dream that the US wins the world cup, while calling it soccer, meaning that we are better than the entire world in their favorite sport, something that we don't even care enough about to call by it's real name....

Then, the following day we can say, okay, now the rest of yoooz have to call it soccer. And then we will let you guys play real football.

Images
    Ahhh that makes sense. 'Merica, F*ck Yeah!

that sucked

Images
    We got outclassed, but finally went after it in extra time. Howard had more saves than any other keeper in like 100 years. That could have been ugly.

I hate to be nasty to the guys, but damn, fitness levels were terrible. Hand on hips with 30 minutes to go in regulation. Both of our fullback wings were getting SMOKED. Guys weren't spreading out and covering. Very lacking on the defensive side, with minimal attacking.

unfortunate. Belgium was the better team today. Better touch. Better style. Better opportunities. Better coaching.

That may be Zach but we had a chance to win just before end of regulation, wide open goal and nobody between the ball and the net except for the goalie laying on the ground.... just chip the shot and win!!!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    That may be Zach but we had a chance to win just before end of regulation, wide open goal and nobody between the ball and the net except for the goalie laying on the ground.... just chip the shot and win!!!!
    Yup, that equalized the karma train for sure. But they put like 20 shots on goal, ANY of which could have ended it. I was confident when we put that last shot on goal, but had that gone in, we really would have "snuck" by. I was impressed, top to bottom with Belgium. I underestimated them. They pretty muched danced around us most of the game. We had flashes of brilliance, but at the end of the day, we could have easily been down 4 nil at the end of regulation. Howard was just in beast mode. Our whole defense was garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    Yup, that equalized the karma train for sure. But they put like 20 shots on goal, ANY of which could have ended it. I was confident when we put that last shot on goal, but had that gone in, we really would have "snuck" by. I was impressed, top to bottom with Belgium. I underestimated them. They pretty muched danced around us most of the game. We had flashes of brilliance, but at the end of the day, we could have easily been down 4 nil at the end of regulation. Howard was just in beast mode. Our whole defense was garbage.
    I agree this, Tim Howard was Animal