LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sea Gull Shop open for business!

Hey all,
    This is a little belated, but I just wanted to let everyone near OC NJ that the Sea Gull shop on 55th street is open for business. My family owns and operates the store during the summer since my grandfather, the owner, passed away in January. We've been here since '68 and we aren't leaving any time soon! Our hours are 8-4 every day. We specialize in fishing, such as bait, rods, reels, rigs, and the knowledge to get you started! We also have everything you need for a good day at the beach. Sorry, no surfboards . Stop in and say hi.
    See you soon,
    Thomas

buy a banner add nextime

freeloader

Never advertised, never will. I don't think anyone else would call this advertising, just letting everyone that is here that the store is opened again.

Quote Originally Posted by Southsidesurfer View Post
    Never advertised, never will. I don't think anyone else would call this advertising, just letting everyone that is here that the store is opened again.
    ad·ver·tise
    ˈadvərˌtīz/
    verb
    gerund or present participle: advertising
    describe or draw attention to (a product, service, or event) in a public medium in order to promote sales or attendance.

Hey all,
    This is a little belated, but I just wanted to let everyone near OC NJ that the Sea Gull shop on 55th street is open for business. My family owns and operates the store during the summer since my grandfather, the owner, passed away in January. We've been here since '68 and we aren't leaving any time soon! Our hours are 8-4 every day. We specialize in fishing, such as bait, rods, reels, rigs, and the knowledge to get you started! We also have everything you need for a good day at the beach. Sorry, no surfboards . Stop in and say hi.
    See you soon,
    Thomas
    Actually, that's the very definition of advertising. And you don't have surfboards. Do you have bodyboards or hand planes?

lay off the dude and go support a long standing local business!

Yes we have bodyboards but not hand planes. It isn't our forte to deal with that sort of stuff. It's pretty much all fishing supplies. Also, it was mostly a post to show that even though the owner of the store died at the age of 91 after serving his city for 40 years, the shop will stay open. Oh and congrats on proving me wrong. Thanks man. You try running a family business.
    Last edited by Southsidesurfer; Jun 20, 2014 at 01:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dalecooter View Post
    lay off the dude and go support a long standing local business!
    You say that, but what if every person who owned a "local" business came on here and said, "hey guys and gals, my name's Al and I own Al's Sex Shop and Dildo emporium! Now, I know this doesn't have anything to do with surfing or waves; but I just wanted to let you folks know that we're still open for business right here off Rt76 by Big Chuck's RVs and the New New Bruinswick Truck-Stop. Ya'll come by now, we're open 24 hours. family owned and operated since 1984."

What's the difference between that and what the original poster posted and why does it belong here? If the original poster truly wants people to know about his business, which really doesn't have anything to do with surfing, why shouldn't that be considered advertising? And, if he wants to advertise freely on a forum in a forum format, why should we not be allowed to address him in a manner that we as Swellinfo members see fit as long it does not violate forum rules?

If he wants to advertise without discussion then he should buy advertising space, otherwise he has to take the same lumps the rest of us do. There ain't no such thing as a free lunch
    Last edited by zaGaffer; Jun 20, 2014 at 01:26 AM. Reason: Gramma

Yes we have bodyboards but not hand planes. It isn't our forte to deal with that sort of stuff. It's pretty much all fishing supplies. Also, it was mostly a post to show that even though the owner of the store died at the age of 91 after serving his city for 40 years, the shop will stay open. Oh and congrats on proving me wrong. Thanks man. You try running a family business.
    I started my first business when I was 21 mate. Not my grandad, not my dad, me. Sorry for your loss

I see your point. I meant it more for the fishing part because I was thinking it had to do with the ocean and because I know that there are people from OC here. I didn't mean it like actual advertising, though I guess it came off that way. We dont really need all the business that advertising gets. I'm just saying, but there are lots of threads that have literally nothing to do with surfing or even the ocean in this forum, and it bores me half to death. But thanks again. Now anyone who actually cares...?

I'm just saying, but there are lots of threads that have literally nothing to do with surfing or even the ocean in this forum, and it bores me half to death.
    I agree with you whole-heartedly and your thread is hell of a lot better than one about soccer.