LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 77

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    got pulled over today

    took my wife and nieces to ocean city new jersey today. love it there, south being my preferred end for the relatively relaxed vibe. heading down west avenue, a pedestrian approached the corner. i didn't know what his next move was going to be, but i sure did not expect him to meander into traffic. being in a car, on a road, not at a stop sign, i thought the right of way was mine. the pedestrian shot me a dirty look because in ocean city there are usually two kinds of people on foot: the touron/kook/shoob/whateveryoulike who feels entitled due to the ridiculous amount of money they are paying to stay the week, and the locals who cling to the whole 'i do what i want in my town' way of thinking. as it turns out, there is a third kind of pedestrian these days. he was an undercover cop on a mission to weed out potential criminals who don't slam on their brakes if it appears someone on or near a street corner may be thinking about toying with the idea to casually stroll out into traffic without doing that thing they were, or at least should have been taught as a child, which is to look both ways. sure enough 50ft down the road i was waved in, ironically, by a uniformed officer who just walked right out in front of my car pointing to the shoulder. after being pulled over, giving my ID and my wife giving hers, and giving the ages of our nieces, and having both of our names run through their computers to make sure "you don't owe anything to the state" we were let go. he was kind enough to only give me a $54 dollar ticket for not having my niece in a car seat. she is 7, and apparently the law now says 8 and under requires a car seat. that is fine, what the ******** ever, but he acted as though he was doing me a favor. you see, a ticket for not stopping for a pedestrian is much more expensive and gets you two points on your license. what the actual ****? now don't get me wrong, i dont want free reign to mow down idiots who are in the crosswalk and just going too slow for my taste, which happens all the time. with that, i deal. this rule is saying that IF a person is at the corner and, i guess, looking at the intersection like they want to cross, you must hit the brakes as hard as you need to (this is a 35mph road) to stop, assuming they will go whether you stop or not. i could go on for much longer, saying things like 'darwin is rolling over in his grave', and 'will the city of ocean city reimburse me when i get rear-ended for stopping for what appears to be no reason to the person behind me?' i wont, though, because i've spent far too much time typing already. what i will do from now on is whenever i am on foot, i will **** with traffic so goddamn badly they will rue the day this law was passed, and as a driver i will stop at ridiculous times and places 'just in case' that person standing at or near the corner wants to cross. if i don't make the system work for me, i will surely kill myself before i can rationalize what good this could possibly do for a world already full of oblivious retards. thank you and good day.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    robert moses
    Posts
    26
    Images
    1
    those cops are to generate revenue ,not to serve and protect. next time just ask him how may speeds his police bicycle has and tell him you like the helmet! also don't forget to ask him if he has ever even arrested anybody. I have village/ town and even park police pulling me over all the time because of stupid **** like having stuff hanging from my rear view mirror!! I always give them a hard time because in a real emergency I know they will never actually show up, the county police will.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by polevaultersurfer View Post
    those cops are to generate revenue ,not to serve and protect. next time just ask him how may speeds his police bicycle has and tell him you like the helmet! also don't forget to ask him if he has ever even arrested anybody. I have village/ town and even park police pulling me over all the time because of stupid **** like having stuff hanging from my rear view mirror!! I always give them a hard time because in a real emergency I know they will never actually show up, the county police will.
    Handing out tickets and taking reports, that's about all they're good for.

    It's like they don't even know what detective work is anymore. Pretty recently in the news in Hampton, VA...on 64E just before HRBT I was just behind a woman who was shot in her car in crossfire on the highway by some thugs. They STILL have not been able to find who did it. That stretch of 64 and the exit ramp areas have no less than 6 VDOT cams that would have easily caught them on tape, not mention security cams at the insp. station, and all the surrounding businesses. Those troopers have no problem fishing from the shoulder during slow traffic everyday for expired tags and insp. stickers in that same spot, mucking up the already bad traffic right before the tunnel. Except on this particular day traffic wasn't too bad...so of course no trooper right there where it happened since there was no real potential for sitting on his can just waiting for an inspection a couple days expired to crawl by. When it comes to catching some real criminals for a change they're nothing but a bag of excuses about how police work isn't easy. And people wonder why so many people are armed these days.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Long branch
    Posts
    584
    IMG_0785.jpg

    its not a law but only a statute. truth is the US is a corporation not a country. (Act of 1871) to protect and serve means to protect and serve the corporation. if the officer explains why that you were pulled over for not yielding to a pedestrian and asks you if you understand this you should always say no I don't. once you say yes you agree to give the officer jurisdiction over you and the right to enforce the code set forth by the corporation. the police speak in legalese which is a language separate from the English language. http://thelawdictionary.org/understanding/
    if you were given a ticket you can go to court and state for the record that you represent yourself under the jurisdiction of common law. than ask the judge to provide proof over such jurisdiction. they cannot provide such as they are only court administrators to enforce code under the corporation.
    http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/slavery-by-consent/

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    IMG_0785.jpg

    its not a law but only a statute. truth is the US is a corporation not a country. (Act of 1871) to protect and serve means to protect and serve the corporation. if the officer explains why that you were pulled over for not yielding to a pedestrian and asks you if you understand this you should always say no I don't. once you say yes you agree to give the officer jurisdiction over you and the right to enforce the code set forth by the corporation. the police speak in legalese which is a language separate from the English language. http://thelawdictionary.org/understanding/
    if you were given a ticket you can go to court and state for the record that you represent yourself under the jurisdiction of common law. than ask the judge to provide proof over such jurisdiction. they cannot provide such as they are only court administrators to enforce code under the corporation.
    http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/slavery-by-consent/
    haha cmon man, do you really think that is going to hold up in court.....i assume your a sovereign citizen?


    This is the new trend now, you can see it all over youtube. People are using hidden cameras and questioning police authority. Yes, a very small percentage is legit, however, most is pure comedy.
    Last edited by abc123; Jun 22, 2014 at 01:01 PM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    IMG_0785.jpg

    its not a law but only a statute. truth is the US is a corporation not a country. (Act of 1871) to protect and serve means to protect and serve the corporation. if the officer explains why that you were pulled over for not yielding to a pedestrian and asks you if you understand this you should always say no I don't. once you say yes you agree to give the officer jurisdiction over you and the right to enforce the code set forth by the corporation. the police speak in legalese which is a language separate from the English language. http://thelawdictionary.org/understanding/
    if you were given a ticket you can go to court and state for the record that you represent yourself under the jurisdiction of common law. than ask the judge to provide proof over such jurisdiction. they cannot provide such as they are only court administrators to enforce code under the corporation.
    http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/slavery-by-consent/
    just curious how many times has this worked for you personally?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Hammonton, NJ
    Posts
    251
    Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    IMG_0785.jpg

    its not a law but only a statute. truth is the US is a corporation not a country. (Act of 1871) to protect and serve means to protect and serve the corporation. if the officer explains why that you were pulled over for not yielding to a pedestrian and asks you if you understand this you should always say no I don't. once you say yes you agree to give the officer jurisdiction over you and the right to enforce the code set forth by the corporation. the police speak in legalese which is a language separate from the English language. http://thelawdictionary.org/understanding/
    if you were given a ticket you can go to court and state for the record that you represent yourself under the jurisdiction of common law. than ask the judge to provide proof over such jurisdiction. they cannot provide such as they are only court administrators to enforce code under the corporation.
    http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/slavery-by-consent/

    That sounds good and all Archy, but that stuff only works on TV. No municipal judge is going to listen to that.

    I know you speak right, Archy. You speak right, but things don't always work "right" in court.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Singer Island
    Posts
    1,343
    Quote Originally Posted by archy View Post
    IMG_0785.jpg

    its not a law but only a statute. truth is the US is a corporation not a country. (Act of 1871) to protect and serve means to protect and serve the corporation. if the officer explains why that you were pulled over for not yielding to a pedestrian and asks you if you understand this you should always say no I don't. once you say yes you agree to give the officer jurisdiction over you and the right to enforce the code set forth by the corporation. the police speak in legalese which is a language separate from the English language. http://thelawdictionary.org/understanding/
    if you were given a ticket you can go to court and state for the record that you represent yourself under the jurisdiction of common law. than ask the judge to provide proof over such jurisdiction. they cannot provide such as they are only court administrators to enforce code under the corporation.
    http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/slavery-by-consent/
    There are two types of people who go to court. Those with their own lawyers, and those that don't have one (or they have a public defender appointed). I'm not saying what is right and wrong. Just sayin'.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wb
    Posts
    1,522
    Quote Originally Posted by joenottoast View Post
    took my wife and nieces to ocean city new jersey today. love it there, south being my preferred end for the relatively relaxed vibe. heading down west avenue, a pedestrian approached the corner. i didn't know what his next move was going to be, but i sure did not expect him to meander into traffic. being in a car, on a road, not at a stop sign, i thought the right of way was mine. the pedestrian shot me a dirty look because in ocean city there are usually two kinds of people on foot: the touron/kook/shoob/whateveryoulike who feels entitled due to the ridiculous amount of money they are paying to stay the week, and the locals who cling to the whole 'i do what i want in my town' way of thinking. as it turns out, there is a third kind of pedestrian these days. he was an undercover cop on a mission to weed out potential criminals who don't slam on their brakes if it appears someone on or near a street corner may be thinking about toying with the idea to casually stroll out into traffic without doing that thing they were, or at least should have been taught as a child, which is to look both ways. sure enough 50ft down the road i was waved in, ironically, by a uniformed officer who just walked right out in front of my car pointing to the shoulder. after being pulled over, giving my ID and my wife giving hers, and giving the ages of our nieces, and having both of our names run through their computers to make sure "you don't owe anything to the state" we were let go. he was kind enough to only give me a $54 dollar ticket for not having my niece in a car seat. she is 7, and apparently the law now says 8 and under requires a car seat. that is fine, what the ******** ever, but he acted as though he was doing me a favor. you see, a ticket for not stopping for a pedestrian is much more expensive and gets you two points on your license. what the actual ****? now don't get me wrong, i dont want free reign to mow down idiots who are in the crosswalk and just going too slow for my taste, which happens all the time. with that, i deal. this rule is saying that IF a person is at the corner and, i guess, looking at the intersection like they want to cross, you must hit the brakes as hard as you need to (this is a 35mph road) to stop, assuming they will go whether you stop or not. i could go on for much longer, saying things like 'darwin is rolling over in his grave', and 'will the city of ocean city reimburse me when i get rear-ended for stopping for what appears to be no reason to the person behind me?' i wont, though, because i've spent far too much time typing already. what i will do from now on is whenever i am on foot, i will **** with traffic so goddamn badly they will rue the day this law was passed, and as a driver i will stop at ridiculous times and places 'just in case' that person standing at or near the corner wants to cross. if i don't make the system work for me, i will surely kill myself before i can rationalize what good this could possibly do for a world already full of oblivious retards. thank you and good day.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Atlantic City
    Posts
    2,008
    pennsylvania tags??