LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaka Zulu View Post
    You don't like things made in this country?

Oh no! You must own a Thailand popout. Is it really worth the $800 you spent? Does it have cool stickers on it? Did you have enough $ left over for your GroPro?
    No Go Pro for me since I don't surf well enough for anyone to want to watch it. And my boards are shaped by a local friend in Wilmington and glassed by a shop there too.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarter View Post
    No Go Pro for me since I don't surf well enough for anyone to want to watch it. And my boards are shaped by a local friend in Wilmington and glassed by a shop there too.
    Those are 2 things about you I can respect. Good man

Those are 2 things about you I can respect. Good man
    No one cares what a 12 year old moron with a keyboard respects, troll go home.

Images
    Love them or hate them, they do last. I have had customs made locally, customs made in CA, customs made in my own shed. All of them fell apart under my heavy feet. My firewires? Virtually no damage after years of pounding. These shapes do work and work well, at least as good as a custom in many cases. The question of whether your board is American made or not is another issue all together. Until someone can prove to me that their electronics, car or truck, tv, etc are all American made, I refuse to listen to an angry rant against a toy we ride waves with.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    Love them or hate them, they do last. I have had customs made locally, customs made in CA, customs made in my own shed. All of them fell apart under my heavy feet. My firewires? Virtually no damage after years of pounding. These shapes do work and work well, at least as good as a custom in many cases. The question of whether your board is American made or not is another issue all together. Until someone can prove to me that their electronics, car or truck, tv, etc are all American made, I refuse to listen to an angry rant against a toy we ride waves with.
    Point taken, but I do see a difference. Wasn't an angry rant. Surfing means something more to me than my TV or car. I have a soul. I have a choice whether to buy US made boards or not. I have solid relationships with the people who have made boards for me. I don't know anyone making TV's or cars and probably never will. It sucks to see board builders in the US losing out to companies making cheap boards in Thailand.

Yeah BTP, demo's are hard because they always have oddball sizes. If I had waves that were consistently in the 4-6 range i'd of bought a UNI. Your in Jerz? I think It'd be good for there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    Zip: Curious, have you tried or know of anyone who has tried the Timbertek line of Firewires...?

Wasn't an angry rant.
    was so. wipe your spittle.

Quote Originally Posted by NickM View Post
    Yeah BTP, demo's are hard because they always have oddball sizes. If I had waves that were consistently in the 4-6 range i'd of bought a UNI. Your in Jerz? I think It'd be good for there.
    yes jerz. thats good cause i have a potatonator for 4ft and under so the uni should be the next logical step.

yankee - lots of static on here re fire wires but heres' something that NEVER HAPPENED TO ME IN FIFTY
    YEARS OF SHORT-BOARDING……i traded in a two year old dominator that was used ALOT and got
    FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS TRADE-IN. never got that much; ever. the board had one tiny nick from two
    years of (jersey-type) constant use…re timbertek i have no experience w/them.i like mine 'FST.'

Images
    Yankee, I have a timbertek baked potato for sale. Great board held up well. Very light.