LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    surfing as a working man is more frustration than stoke.i can recall so many days when I was out too early or too late and conditions were crappy winds,then get home and see epic barrels 2 hrs later.i never knew how much wind direction affects waves.
    Yes, I agree 100%. I have to leave for work before the sun is up (even in the Summer). Therefore, I can only surf evenings and weekends. The evenings always bring increased wind and chop here, unless it is a rare calm day. So, I barely get out more than a couple times a week. I was so happy that Arthur clean up day was the 4th. I was off work and had a lot of fun late morning. I hate the damn side shore wind here. It seems to be so friggin common.

2. Got in one last day in **n**n* before shipping back to the 'states. 2.4 meters hot, sunny, and glassy. Beautiful.

Gonna miss some epic typhoon swell, but it looks like I'll be able to pick up some Hurricane surf on the other side of the pac. 6ft and 17 seconds--nice! Only problem is, my typical restricted access spot is gonna be closed. So I'll have to share the stoke with a billion of my bestest buddies at one of the summer breaks.

Oh well, all-in-all, still a good problem to have.

Images
    Still flat in the gulf, urrrrg.

njhhl.jpg

I found this pic the other day.i remember the swell,aug 17th 2011 when a bunch of tornados reeked havoc across the southeast and moved offshore bringing this swell.i didn't surf this swell,and at the time I was working in brick, and montoloking and bayhead was a 5 minute drive and I decided to go home instead of hitting the beach.I have never personally eyewitnessed this epicness in nj with all my yrs of surfing,closest iv been in was doomsday but it wasn't this size,a little smaller.that is the frustration of my surfing,blowing off days like this that come around once a decade

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSurfer View Post
    I would love to get out and surf, I'm dying for some waves right now and want to get out of the cube farms. What I wouldn't give to see this type of forecast for the mid atlantic... maybe I should just say eff it and book a one way flight to nicaragua

do it if you're a goofy. if not go elsewhere...

6. Been dealing with a bad left knee for the past 6 months. Really puts a damper on your surfing when it hurts and feels like you might blow out your knee when you get to your feet or land a floater.

Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    njhhl.jpg

I found this pic the other day.i remember the swell,aug 17th 2011 when a bunch of tornados reeked havoc across the southeast and moved offshore bringing this swell.i didn't surf this swell,and at the time I was working in brick, and montoloking and bayhead was a 5 minute drive and I decided to go home instead of hitting the beach.I have never personally eyewitnessed this epicness in nj with all my yrs of surfing,closest iv been in was doomsday but it wasn't this size,a little smaller.that is the frustration of my surfing,blowing off days like this that come around once a decade
    That's August? Those guys look like they're in full winter gear and that Wave has the color of Winter Water. I was impressed when I first saw it. My jaw Dropped when I noticed the dude In it. RAD capture.

8. Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    njhhl.jpg

Ouch! That smarts!

Quote Originally Posted by kpd73 View Post
    That's August? Those guys look like they're in full winter gear and that Wave has the color of Winter Water. I was impressed when I first saw it. My jaw Dropped when I noticed the dude In it. RAD capture.
    my bad that was april 17th 2011,not summer.im just amazed at how big and perfect it is.like I seen plenty of big waves,and plenty of perfect waves with the right shape,but never both.look at the set out the back,thats like legit 10footer.

My frustration- on a clean chest high wave this morning, going backside. I'm going down the line when this guy pops out of the whitewater on his stomach, on a 9ft lb. he flips, I go to get out of the way, I fall, my board now has a 4 inch crack in the rail and a quarter sized ding in the rail from the fin. Good thing I'm not paying, but now I have to surf this swell on a 7'6". Bummer.