LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSurfer View Post
    I'm absolutely frothing for tomorrow. I can't wait to get out of work today and get all my gear ready and packed for the morning. Seldom I feel your pain, especially the day to day bs in the office environment. I'll catch a good one for ya tomorrow and when I kick out I'll yell that was was for you seldom!! haha
    Get a few for me too, my dumb ass scheduled important meetings for tomorrow a couple of weeks ago…dang! Hopefully the evening out going tide will have plenty to offer tomorrow nite. Also Zombie if you are headed to the island, look for a well exposed jetty to surf near. There will be a ton of close-outs early tomorrow morning.

Images
    You got it hombre, and already a step ahead of ya! I'm goofy foot and plan on hitting up a jetty down south on the island that just loves to peel left on good SE swells

Quote Originally Posted by Koki Barrels View Post
    You sure that wasn't April 17th?

G0d Damn, beautiful F$@kin' waves!
    Jersey is legit, I've surfed some good swells in Jerz.

Or is that Bill?
    yea that was the april 17th swell,i typed august for some reason.

bill was big,biggest I ever seen,but didn't have good shape.there were lots of closeouts,even at the spots that can handle the size and long period.

Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    yea that was the april 17th swell,i typed august for some reason.

bill was big,biggest I ever seen,but didn't have good shape.there were lots of closeouts,even at the spots that can handle the size and long period.
    Hurricane Bill.... O mannnnn that was a phenomenal day!!!!! hands down 10 out of 10
    I surfed **ig**t**e with one other buddy. I will NEVER forget that day as long as i am alive!

First time in my life I paddled out undergunned. 6'3 Rusty. Cant remember the dimensions. Board died on a trip to Costa the next year. (airlines, not beach break... ugh) Still got a couple of good waves, and still have not gotten a gun, or even a mini gun. The 24th was the best day of surfing I've ever had. Bill.... my god I remember you like it was yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Manisses View Post

First time in my life I paddled out undergunned. 6'3 Rusty. Cant remember the dimensions. Board died on a trip to Costa the next year. (airlines, not beach break... ugh) Still got a couple of good waves, and still have not gotten a gun, or even a mini gun. The 24th was the best day of surfing I've ever had. Bill.... my god I remember you like it was yesterday.
    its crazy how storms move.august 23rd was the day in nj,I think it was a sunday,and the next day up in new England it looked like this.idk how u paddled out on a 6'3 I would've been terrified on such a small board.i had some epic footage of bill on a camcorder with one of those little tapes that u put in a big vcr tape to watch on tv.would be cool if there was some way to put it online.i remember I thought it looked like sunset beach Hawaii where I was out,i never seen waves break so far out and the longest lines I ever seen

this is some good footage of sandy in long beach ny,before sandy hit ofcourse,and u can see how the waves go from epic cane swell to death on a stick swell.i didn't surf sandy as im sure most people in the northeast didn't,but even if I had the chance no way I would paddle out without a ski.u lose your board that far out theres no way ur making it in.

[QUOTE=Manisses;254882
    First time in my life I paddled out undergunned. 6'3 Rusty. Cant remember the dimensions. Board died on a trip to Costa the next year. (airlines, not beach break... ugh) Still got a couple of good waves, and still have not gotten a gun, or even a mini gun. The 24th was the best day of surfing I've ever had. Bill.... my god I remember you like it was yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Enjoyed the vid. Thanks.

Gaff, that is awesome! I am happy for you, my friend...won't be long.

Seldom and Sniffer, I second what Zombie said...I'll be yelling both your names.

Cep, I knew from your description of the tornadoes, that day was epic.
    I got my a$$ handed to me that day, I was a little out of shape at the time.
    It was really too down here, but nowhere near as beautiful as that pic you posted.

Scobes, hope everything's going good for you out on the left coast.

Bill was a great swell.
    My buddy and I paddled out during a lightning storm...I pretty much said F it, there was no way I was missing that Sh;t!

Crazy thing about Bill was the violent ragdolling I was feeling everytime I went underwater.

I am so amped for tomorrow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Good stuff Gaff, glad you're back in. Aside from the temp change, same as it ever was?
    thanks Sel. I don't recall it being so wet, is it always this wet?

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Thanks amigo much appreciated. Ya never know, maybe this place will be closed tomorrow.
    USE the DEUCE