LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Images
    I have to say I despise that board. Seeing a 130 lb guy carry that monster down the beach will be a red flag that you have no idea what your doing. Some good advise here on alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    I have to say I despise that board. Seeing a 130 lb guy carry that monster down the beach will be a red flag that you have no idea what your doing. Some good advise here on alternatives.
    I totally agree with you that haha, I would order a custom shaped board but by the time i get the board summer would be practically over. It seems that finding a used funboard or egg shape is the hardest thing ever, at least in my area. I called most surf shops and none of them have any in stock.

summer will be over and it will be just in time to surf

Keep looking on craigslist man. Something good always pops up eventually, but sometimes it takes a few weeks. Hang around the local surf shops and ask the old crusty surfers if they have any beater boards they'd be willing to sell you. DON'T ORDER A CUSTOM MADE BOARD. You're gonna beat the **** out of your first board...dropping it on the nose, waxing it with the fins scraping on pavement, grinding into shore on an ankle size wave. $200 should be your limit. Plus your needs are going to change drastically once you get the hang of it. 8' fun shape is what you want. My first board was a "7' fish" too and it held me back my first couple of years until I bought a longboard.

I got a 6'10 WRV FunFish with a thruster fin setup that I don't ride much anymore since I got my 6'4" Coil Flashback Fish. The 6'10" is really a big guy fish (it's really too much board for me now), but for a beginner it's a great board. I'm not selling it at the moment but you might look around for one similar. Mike Daniel shaped mine and I've had a lot of fun on it, it's all in the design of the shape. The one you are looking at I would pass on personally. For all the reasons stated above. You'll be better off with a used mini long board in the 8ft range, kinda like my McTavish 8 Ball, which is a BLAST to surf in most conditions.

Dont buy it. Shape is poo. Rawson makes a decent ride normally. The person who bought that is prob 6'7" 280lbs. My guess.

Why dont you just get a lb? Look into linden and vernor, they make a bunch of fun shapes. Prob not to expensive new.

Oh and $400 is way to much for that other thing he is calling a board.

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    I saw Andre the Giant surf. And he was shreddin' on a 7'6.
    back from the dead? that IS impressive.

I found a 7"8 hotline board for sale would this be a better choice?

00505_i3a4xpUBTfc_600x450.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by baddy trailerpark View Post
    back from the dead? that IS impressive.
    It's why we're all just mere mortals & Andre is a Giant.

Way better looking board.