LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Help me help a kid go surfing

NO I DON'T NEED BOARDS TO GIVE AWAY TO THE KIDDOS!! lol

My neighbor's kid is thinking about doing a grom contest this weekend and asked if I could help. She's 9ish and has only been out a few times and took a class last summer. There's a contest this weekend with a push-in division for the beginners and I've been asked to be the pusher.

Anyone with little ones have any tips to help me make it as fun as possible for her? Looks like the waves will be tiny to non-existant so the fear factor shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks.

And no, I don't need a bible to read to her either.

what kind of board?

Tell her to show up and blow up. Long hair, big air!

Swim with board and her, same speed as if you were paddling. Don't 'push' as wave passes. It will spin her out. Swim her into wave, don't push her into wave...... Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by YouRuinedtheSI View Post
    Swim with board and her, same speed as if you were paddling. Don't 'push' as wave passes. It will spin her out. Swim her into wave, don't push her into wave...... Good luck!
    No not quite the technique.

Quote Originally Posted by MY SAVIOR View Post
    No one wants to hear, or will read you technique so save it turd.

Works for my 7 year old daughter. Save your technique for those sites that none of us are on u sick F%#€!

Quote Originally Posted by metard View Post
    what kind of board?

Well that was helpful.

Thanks for the tip. I would've been doing just that.

Panama City Beach, Florida, United States
    If it is a big board and a small child make sure to put some pressure on the tail as you release it to prevent pearling.