LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Images
    I agree with responsible pet ownership Zach. I've had my current pup for 6 years now, first that I've ever been totally responsible for, and I can't tell ya how surprised I still am by how many irresponsible owners are out there.

But dude, slitting it's throat??? I mean, if it was that aggressive, putting you hand and arm right near it's mouth is pure idiocy. And the guy is quoted as saying "I'm gonna gut this f**king thing"...putting all that aside, all cops have pepper spray, most have tasers, so there are non-lethal options...and if lethal force was really deemed necessary(I realize at times that it is), put it down quick with a shot to the head. But the nature of dog encounters alone tell me that if you can actually deploy a knife, hold it's head, and make that cut, doesn't seem like it's a dire situation. And in this case, they already had the dog contained with one of those pole leashes.

Now, in my own experience, I've had appx. 12 coyote encounters with my dog. Saw a wolf out west at about 30 yds away. The only animal that has ever attacked/charged us were domestic dogs, so I agree with you on the threat they can pose. First time was a rottie, charged across the street after me and Phin. Quick low round kick to the head sent him home with his tail b/t his legs, literally(I did NOT want to strike it but I had no choice)...had another encounter this Monday night actually, a dog we see on the reg got out of his yard and charged us but was super sneaky about it and snuck up on us from the the opposite side of parked cars. Verbal commands weren't working, so I thought it was go time again, and as he got in striking distance I started to wind up and that gesture alone sent him home. My point is that these guys that shoot dogs have no testicular fortitude, and probably no self defense skills(very few cops do, and lifting doesn't count), and must be lacking confidence. Because through my experience proper energy projection and a little balls can often dissolve the situation.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    I agree with responsible pet ownership Zach. I've had my current pup for 6 years now, first that I've ever been totally responsible for, and I can't tell ya how surprised I still am by how many irresponsible owners are out there.

But dude, slitting it's throat??? I mean, if it was that aggressive, putting you hand and arm right near it's mouth is pure idiocy. And the guy is quoted as saying "I'm gonna gut this f**king thing"...putting all that aside, all cops have pepper spray, most have tasers, so there are non-lethal options...and if lethal force was really deemed necessary(I realize at times that it is), put it down quick with a shot to the head. But the nature of dog encounters alone tell me that if you can actually deploy a knife, hold it's head, and make that cut, doesn't seem like it's a dire situation. And in this case, they already had the dog contained with one of those pole leashes.

Now, in my own experience, I've had appx. 12 coyote encounters with my dog. Saw a wolf out west at about 30 yds away. The only animal that has ever attacked/charged us were domestic dogs, so I agree with you on the threat they can pose. First time was a rottie, charged across the street after me and Phin. Quick low round kick to the head sent him home with his tail b/t his legs, literally(I did NOT want to strike it but I had no choice)...had another encounter this Monday night actually, a dog we see on the reg got out of his yard and charged us but was super sneaky about it and snuck up on us from the the opposite side of parked cars. Verbal commands weren't working, so I thought it was go time again, and as he got in striking distance I started to wind up and that gesture alone sent him home. My point is that these guys that shoot dogs have no testicular fortitude, and probably no self defense skills(very few cops do, and lifting doesn't count), and must be lacking confidence. Because through my experience proper energy projection and a little balls can often dissolve the situation.
    Yeah, I am with you there. Especially since they had the pole leash. I am not agreeing with it, and the cop is no doubt a pus$y. I am just saying, on that beat, for those cops, they see all kinds of sh**. They probably have an entire section of the Baltimore PD training on how to kill a domestic dog. It literally happens EVERY day over there. And the knife thing is STUPID.

But using a knife on the pooch was just a lazy way of ending the situation and not having any paper work to deal with. Well, now the guy does, but I am sure his original thinking was not to discharge his firearm in city limits, on duty, because they he would have had to justify all of his actions.

Don't get me wrong, dude is a punk. I guess the following comment would be better suited for the other thread with MIS about cops in general, but Cops are supposed to protect and serve, to an extent. Baltimore City has an animal control unit. They should have been on the scene. When those cops call it in, and they get a response, uhh, the city is poor, animal control is busy, then it becomes the cops "duty" to take this animal off the streets and make sure no citizens are injured. So the unfortunate truth about a LOT of situations like this, are that the dogs end up dead. Furthermore, when animal control DOES respond, I would bet you they end up killing every one of those pitbulls once they take them off the streets.

The SPCA in baltimore county will NOT accept any animal with pit in it at all. I actually adopted a dog in college when I lived downtown there. My girlfriend and I went to the SPCA in the city and looked at all the dogs. The one that fell in love with us, was a brindle, Pit/retriever mix. It was 100% obvious that this was a pit. Same pit face and coat, but had a slimmer, more lab like nose. I kept asking the girl that worked there why it is labeled "Terrior Mix" when it obviously wasnt. I asked her why she kept telling me it isn't a pit, when I know it is. She whispered, we are not allowed to accept any pit mixes or pits. And we also can't advertise that we have any, because drug dealers and gang members solicit us for them... Bla blah...

So all those dogs, taken from the streets end up killed anyway. It just sucks when people witness a cop doing it with his bare hands... The end result is the same, the guy just didn't have to be a vagina about it.

I wouldn't have responded that way, but for guys that get shot at every day and deal with the worst criminals in the world, I ain't mad at them if they "shoot" a dog during a drug raid or if there is one roaming the streets and comes at them... Thats life. And none of those guys, on a day to day are going to try and be peaceful with a dog if the dog is aggressive. Click, Click, Bang Bang....

They shoot humans on a daily, so why not dogs?

That particular area and example just hit close to home, so I feel a certain way about that town and its problems with dogs...

Its a sick f**ing place.

There was an open air drug market next to my old house. A chinese bodega, bullet proof glass, filled with thugs. I would go in there to get Phillies or whatever. A beer. I knew all the hustlers in there. EVERY TIME i would walk my dog, these retards would start talking to me... YO, SON.... YO. YO. YO. You need to let me take your boy here over to the west side. We can train him. He looks strong YO. I am like, get the fu** outta here you fu**ing morons. It's not even a pure bred pit.

Cops have to lay down animals in that city EVERY SINGLE DAY. And 9 outta 10 times, it HUMANS faults. Its cause a crack house has a pit bull inside for protection. BAM, SHOT. They are raiding a house and they have one loose in the back yard. BAM, SHOT. They get a call about a dog loose in a neighborhood, acting "Agressive". Bam, shot....

I just blame the owners 10 outta 10 times.

Images
    And the unfortunate reason they end up shooting the dogs in all these situations, is because the end result is them having to kill them anyway. It saves a few thousand dollars just doing it that way. It's probably in the damn hand book. Aggressive dogs during drugs raids are to be shot and killed. Period. Not to Taze them. Not to restrain them. TO KILL THEM. Because the consensus is, once a dog is trained to kill and be aggressive, there is no turning back. See the Mike Vick Saga. Its sad, but true.

AND ITS ALL PEOPLES FAULTS. Not the poor dogs.

Images
    I hear ya man. People(cops, criminals, all involved) in the inner city are desensitized to violence...I had two students shot and killed in my brief teaching stint, others hit by stray bullets...so I see the point if they can do this to people why not dogs...and those dog fighting scumbags are the worst.

Yeah man Vick should be crucified, I don't care how long ago that was.

Hey at least we can talk about it now without me being called a psychpathic human hating dog lover, that used to hurt my feelings
    Last edited by seldom seen; Jun 27, 2014 at 03:13 PM.

Images
    Yeah, the dog fighters should all be held in captivity and forced to fight to the death, and when there is only one left, just shoot his as$. Congratulations, you are the big winner. BLAKA.

Images
    Damn man. This just happened like 5 minutes ago in Baltimore.

Druid Hill Avenue is the HOOD son. Westside. Slums. At least the pooch is alive.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2014/0...-dog-shooting/

I am telling you, when they raid a house, they just shoot. Its protocol.

I gotta say, I don't have the balls to train a dog to kill and then sit there and watch two of them fight until the other is pretty much dead or dead.

More proof that police officers need more tools and better training.

Innocent dogs, and let's not forget, humans, are regularly murdered by police officers who are trained to shoot to kill. Tazers are far from perfect, but should be standard, as should non-lethal firearm training (from better marksmanship to non-lethal rounds).

I'd imagine the offending officer is one of those people who sees dogs with a compassion usually reserved for insects. That or a scared little rookie overreacting. Or maybe he was Chinese...

EDIT: Don't forget about Micheal Vick, coming soon to a classy NFL team near you.
    Last edited by Slashdog; Jun 27, 2014 at 03:21 PM.

Images

Images
    Seldom: See, I know you will appreciate this story. This is about a GOOD Baltimore Cop, that does what you probably would have...

http://modifiedk9.blogspot.com/2012/...us-dog-in.html

But notice when he mentions the Protocol. He says, we can't let them come pick this one up, because they will have to put it down... He admits the protocol right there. Aggressive dog, picked up for any reason in the city is "removed" from the scene and then euthanized. Every time.