LOGIN | REGISTER

Wtb FW baked or sweet

Want to buy, basically a 5'9" baked potato or 5'6" sweet. South jersey but will travel for right price! Save all the buy American, local shaper BS. Local shaper was all over it then made excuses and never came thru. So I tried.

Never rode the baked, but go with the sweet and you won't be disappointed.

Keep in mind the board doesn't work in all conditions...I find it works best in clean, small conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by YouRuinedtheSI View Post
    ...Save all the buy American, local shaper BS. Local shaper was all over it then made excuses and never came thru. So I tried.
    same here: I got customs from a couple of our local shapers (there's only 4 I know of) and they both sucked. Don't really want to keep pouring money and time into that...and getting rid of the boards was difficult and a massive lo$$. Been buying national brands since (Quiet Flight, Lost, CI) and been very happy.

As far as EPS, tried several and ended up hating them because they were all too light and carried no momentum. Still want to try a Firewire...just don't want to pay to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by waterbaby View Post
    same here: I got customs from a couple of our local shapers (there's only 4 I know of) and they both sucked. Don't really want to keep pouring money and time into that...and getting rid of the boards was difficult and a massive lo$$. Been buying national brands since (Quiet Flight, Lost, CI) and been very happy.

As far as EPS, tried several and ended up hating them because they were all too light and carried no momentum. Still want to try a Firewire...just don't want to pay to do it.
    amen to that. you DO want to try a FW; just bought a 6/10 addvance and very happy with it for
    3ft and under. one thing i like about the big companies is that they jump when i snap my fingers…
    if you're round so jersey ac/oc way i'd happily let you try it...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by waterbaby View Post
    As far as EPS, tried several and ended up hating them because they were all too light and carried no momentum.
    I was just thinking about this the other day. Five years ago I had this exact same feeling about EPS. To me they felt corky, and lacked momentum, and even lacked flex (they didn't have the same "twang" of a poly when you loaded up a turn) and that was after owning a couple of EPS/epoxy boards where I was pretty sure the shape was just fine. Buy I kept trying both EPS boards and Poly.

Fast forward to the other day. I was riding a poly board, love the shape, fun small waves, and realized that the extra weight was bugging me. I realized that I've liked the last three EPS / Epoxy boards I've owned....all little grovel shapes for waves under stomach high...probably better than if they were poly.

For good waves/bigger waves I still like poly. Another problem is I like shaping at least some of my own boards and hate shaping EPS foam and hate fooling with epoxy resin.