LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 4 Hour Swell?

Quote Originally Posted by Stranded in Smithfield View Post
    Buxton Friday
    Attachment 11346
    Photoshop right?

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    He was talking about the 4 hours peak in Buxton, NC. Looks like that is still the case, as is everywhere in the SE. Our window for 6-8 foot surf is going to be for about 2-4 hours on Thursday. Not that the entire swell is only lasting 4 hours, but everybody, across the board at this point is going to have a quick chain of events that leads to the swell's peak, clean-up and then very rapid demise.

The swell down here is scheduled to go from 6-8 to 2-3 in the blink of an eye. Same is going to happen to Delmarva and Jersey. Like Skegs said, this thing is fixing to bounce of southern OBX and then its going to be a quick hit... You guys will probably get much better conditions north of VB, albeit it short lived.

Still not buying how close to shore this thing is supposed to get down here. I see it taking a more vertical path up north and scraping across OBX. Im seeing various paths from various sources, but they usually dont sit right off shore down here like that. The gaskin banks will direct it up north, as it always does.
    Thanks, Zach, for explaining everything to me. You are very nice, peachy guy. So nice.

I still say it ain't going to demise that quickly, as in, I doubt it's going to be 1 foot and then be 20 foot in two hours and then be two foot four hours later. But what do I know? You know what, I don't even care. Cold blooded, man.

What horrible timing for a swell.........Fourth of July Weekend, such a lovely time on the Jersey shore. Aww man, every dude with an ironing board is going to be all frothed for HURRICANE SWELL !! HURRICANE SWELL!!

Man, I hope this doesn't interfere with my flogging of the British on Friday. That's one tradition I can't pass-up.

You guys all live and die by these internet forecasts, huh?

This track this thang is supposed to take isn't unique. Now, mind you I haven't seen any info since last afternoon. I'm more of a 24 hour type of person these days. It is what it is. I wish I was fourteen again and all rabid, but such is not the case.

Zach, haven't "you people" been getting any waves from this thing yet? Like, more than four hours? A swell is a swell during the whole duration not just the peak moment of absolute height. Ya know what it is that I be sayin'?

Jersey swells don't die-off as easily as southern swells.

Images
    I checked it at lunch about 2 hours ago. It is already chest plus and it was 4 hours after high tide, so the fact that waves are still holding up means the energy is rising. I checked the cams in Florida earlier too. Pump house looked like a solid 4-5 times overhead.

Forecast is down from what it showed, but that was what I expected. The winds are also taking a turn for the better, also as expected. So, an OH day tomorrow will be more than enough to get me stoked.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeItStop View Post
    be sure to reserve the VIP booth at DJais
    I like this idea...

This is just going to be one big wave wrapping from Rodanthe to Ruggles. Don't blow it.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkelley View Post
    This is just going to be one big wave wrapping from Rodanthe to Ruggles. Don't blow it.
    Hahaa! Sick!

Images
    http://www.nws.noaa.gov/om/marine/zone/east/phimz.htm

There will be plenty of swell this weekend...
    Last edited by andrewk529; Jul 2, 2014 at 10:24 PM.

Gotta be smilin', gotta be dancing', gotta be shaken dat ass

Hope you guys get all over it. I'll be celebrating my independence the same way I do every 7/4. By working...

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    I checked the cams in Florida earlier too. Pump house looked like a solid 4-5 times overhead.
    Is that a question or a statement? Pretty sure it was flat down there, unless swell somehow made it down there, maybe sisurfdog can chime in, what's the report down there?