LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    I have lived in a few European countries, and obesity has been minimal. It isn't because they have no GMO, it's because their food is generally more healthy than the standard over here. Also, they walk and bike everywhere, while Americans drive everywhere.
    again i'm not debating GMO safety. agreed they are more active but I wouldn't say their diet is really that much more healthy. the French eat a lot of cheese and pork butter cream etc. but most of their diet consists of wholesome ingredients. IE unprocessed. also much of the food is locally harvested and from smaller scale farms where pesticide use is minimal.
    also life is slower paced. drive thrus and 7-11's are nearly non existent, and people respect the food they eat/ what they put into their bodies.
    like I said it a cultural thing very different than the American need for instant gratification.

It's got to be safe if the prez is protecting it.
    http://rt.com/usa/monsanto-bill-blunt-agriculture-006/

"On Tuesday, Pres. Obama inked his name to H.R. 933, a continuing resolution spending bill approved in Congress days earlier. Buried 78 pages within the bill exists a provision that grossly protects biotech corporations such as the Missouri-based Monsanto Company from litigation.

With the president’s signature, agriculture giants that deal with genetically modified organisms (GMOs) and genetically engineered (GE) seeds are given the go-ahead to continue to plant and sell man-made crops, even as questions remain largely unanswered about the health risks these types of products pose to consumers."

[QUOTE=archy;247703]
    Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    That is the problem, in the case of GMO, there is no proof that they harm humans. You can quote the rat study (that was thrown out) all you want. Until someone proves this, GMO will not be labeled.

Zach, the article was by one of the dumbest creatures on the internet called food babe. It is an article if fluff and misinformation. She even said there is ethylene glycol in beer. That is really pure ignorance. The glycol is in the lining of the tanks, and never touches the beer.[/QUOT

was not talking about whether GMO is harmful, but there is little debate that the chemicals spayed on them are.
    Attachment 11392
    wash them all you want, the stuff get into the soil and is then taken into the plant through the roots.
    and please Brew, don't show me any studies to disprove this. you yourself try to eat organic as much as possible. so to start a debate over this would be hypocritical of you.
    I don't try to eat organic, I try to eat local. I can show you many independent studies, but I know you don't want to see them. Our garden is semi organic. I only use organic spinosad insecticide, but still stick with chemical nitrogen fertilizers.