LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

comfortable swim fins

what's the most comfortable swim fin in your opinion.

I wear Viper V5 Flex fins and love them. They are light and provide much needed thrust on the east coast.I switched to them after wearing Churchill Makapuus for many years. Something went wrong with the rubber and they started falling apart so I switched. Great decision. I do wear fin socks with my fins because my ankles get those terrible ulcers from the fin rubbing against them. I've tried some others over the years and these are by far my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by ocean714 View Post
    I wear Viper V5 Flex fins and love them. They are light and provide much needed thrust on the east coast.I switched to them after wearing Churchill Makapuus for many years. Something went wrong with the rubber and they started falling apart so I switched. Great decision. I do wear fin socks with my fins because my ankles get those terrible ulcers from the fin rubbing against them. I've tried some others over the years and these are by far my favorite.
    the same thing has happened to my Churchill Makapuus after only 3 years. They were good while they lasted though.

Quote Originally Posted by BignoseLawnchair View Post
    the same thing has happened to my Churchill Makapuus after only 3 years. They were good while they lasted though.
    This is a well known problem with new production Makapuus, luckily for those who like them there are any number of other new fins with basically identical shape. If I ever need new fins I would be tempted by these:

http://www.ebodyboarding.com/Swimfin...S-Swimfin-Aqua

for that old school green Churchill look. Those were the best.

Quote Originally Posted by BignoseLawnchair View Post
    Yeah, I found out it odd when the rubber cracked and began breaking. I think it was around the time they switched to floating fins. I agree, they were good while they lasted.

Thanks for the answer. I currently have Churchill makapuus and there extremely uncomfortable. I'm positive I have the right size and I've had them for a year so I think there broken in. I just can't stand feeling like I've just worn high heels for hours when I get out of them.

Kicks. They've got a soft foot pocket and a thin stretchy heel strap. No discomfort at all.

You're welcome for the feedback.
    I've heard the same thing about how comfortable Kicks are. I'm really digging the Vipers though. Ditch the Makapuus. You should feel good after bodyboarding, not like you've been out in heels for hours!

I wear small neoprene half sock, can get them through a dive shop...
    they are great

http://www.leisurepro.com/p-aknnss/a...-socks-akbt925

I wear Pod 2s.... awesome, comfy. got em on here:
    http://www.atlanticbodyboards.com/pod-pf2-fins.html