LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sir Arthur

Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    evacuation is a sign of weakness. if you are healthy, prepared, and live in a house built to comply with hurricane codes, you're better off at home.
    this....... times eleventy billion

Yo everyone i got my caps on and im going to the secret spot with 1000 of my closest summer only gold chain wearing spongers with jersey shore trash girlfriends see ya there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

evacuation is a sign of weakness. if you are healthy, prepared, and live in a house built to comply with hurricane codes, you're better off at home.
    Tell that to the people who lose everything from these storms, including their life sometimes. I have never evacuated but in 33 years I don't think a direct hit has happened where I live, always get the outer bands. I would leave at Cat 3 or higher if it was a direct hit. Most people around FL stay home for 2 and under typically but nothing wrong with being safe about it.

Thinking NJ will be good tomorrow and not just at 6pm...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Tell that to the people who lose everything from these storms, including their life sometimes. I have never evacuated but in 33 years I don't think a direct hit has happened where I live, always get the outer bands. I would leave at Cat 3 or higher if it was a direct hit. Most people around FL stay home for 2 and under typically but nothing wrong with being safe about it.
    no, i would agree with Cat 4 or higher as a condition of leaving. but the chances of getting hurt in your own house in a storm (given good health, preparedness, and proper construction) are extremely slim.

Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    Thinking NJ will be good tomorrow and not just at 6pm...
    I'll be in BELMAR, NJ with my SUP buddies

Images
    Brah I'll tow you into a couple anyway.

no, i would agree with Cat 4 or higher as a condition of leaving. but the chances of getting hurt in your own house in a storm (given good health, preparedness, and proper construction) are extremely slim.
    I hear ya, I just don't wanna see the boo hooing and crying on here like after Sandy. It was tragic. Nobody needs to have that happen to them if they can avoid it. Anyways, my warning won't matter, people will be stubborn and be another statistic.

I always compare hurricanes to hurricane Katrina.that was the real deal a cat 5 that put telephone poles underwater.I personally never evacuated,i have no where to go,and I have a big mean dog and id rather die with my dog than leave him at home and go to a shelter.

I don't think any houses are built up to code.sandy taught us a lesson.its all about how close u are to the beach.im a 15minute walk from the beach.i thought all the hype with sandy was bullshyt and I was proven wrong.personally I didn't think sandy was that bad,i still lost 3 cars,the first floor of my house,and a bunch of other shyt.bumper cars and vending machines floated past my house.i seen the street go from dry to 5 ft of water in 15 minutes.i remember 10 am Monday morning,i think it was sunday or Monday,it wasn't even high tide and the dunes were gone.

my biggest thing with canes,the real warning,when u see whitewater coming down the street,its time to get the hell out of dodge.i don't know where all the water came from in sandy,there was no rain,but 5 feet of water that looked like sewage.

anyway this storm doesn't look that bad or good.forecast is far from epic,and if it happens to make landfall I wouldn't be worried

Images
    If I lived in OBX, I would be worried. Most hurricanes affect them in one way or another, and this is yet another one that will be cat 2 that will run them right over and dance on the whole area. People there could for sure come back to a lot of destruction. Year after year, it makes me truly wonder how long that area is going to stay intact before a nasty cat 5 does irreparable damage. They may not necessarily evacuate for this one, but I would if I lived in an area like that. Pets, a 2 year old daughter. Sh** can get outta control on a little stretch of sand like that. Hopefully its just heavy rain.