LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Sir Arthur

Quote Originally Posted by Mvsurfer View Post
    Got some 12 second swell for tomorrow morning with well overhead, and offshore winds. Nothing else I could ask for
    Bro the height is receding big time after sunrise and doesn't look like you'll get OH for long. You think 20+mph offshores won't screw with things? If the day was going to stay good throughout I would make the trip to ACK but I don't see it.

Quote Originally Posted by metard View Post
    8 seconds in wb

weren't really sets, just random waves popping up here and there
    Yeah was hoping for nice long lines but beggars can't be choosers. I'll get on anything that comes our way.

Well, now I know that 13.1 ft. @12 s. on buoy 44066 equals 4 block long chest high closeouts in far western Long Island.

Tip my hat to swell info. Nailed the forecast basically to the minute. Good ****

Quote Originally Posted by sbx View Post
    Well, now I know that 13.1 ft. @12 s. on buoy 44066 equals 4 block long chest high closeouts in far western Long Island.
    Don't think I've ever caught LI with a pumping swell of that size in warm water. Surely the entire island wasn't closing out. Were sets arriving in a timely fashion, or this skunky 'random wave' crap?

PAGING BASSMON... report needed on tomorrow mornings session.

Anyone from NE, please post some pics.

Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    Tip my hat to swell info. Nailed the forecast basically to the minute. Good ****
    What I've come to expect at this point. I'm currently outside of SI's range and have to rely on (gasp) MSW. And Windguru.

Interesting how one Monmouth thread is about getting skunked, but another Monmouther scored...

Quote Originally Posted by sbx View Post

you need swell direction too

also, decay factors

good luck

and slashdog, the Monmouther who didnt score had a weak screen name, might have had to do with his attitude about scoring and what constitutes scoring

Quote Originally Posted by Slashdog View Post
    Don't think I've ever caught LI with a pumping swell of that size in warm water. Surely the entire island wasn't closing out. Were sets arriving in a timely fashion, or this skunky 'random wave' crap?
    No, I'm sure not. Beach replenishment didn't really help here. And it was significantly bigger everywhere east of far west. Here it went from basically flat at 5 to one or two wave chest to maybe head high "sets" every 5 minutes or so by 7. And even then, the big name spot wasn't working at all, knee to waist high shorebreak.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeItStop View Post
    you need swell direction too

also, decay factors

good luck

and slashdog, the Monmouther who didnt score had a weak screen name, might have had to do with his attitude about scoring and what constitutes scoring
    SSE. And 44066 is pretty far south of here, when there was that reading the Fire Island nearshore buoy was in the 15 second or so range. Seemed like most of it wasn't making it in here, I would imagine northern Monmouth wasn't getting it either, for similar reasons.