LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States

this CB regular hopes that low tide will minimize flooding/damage

swell peaks @ 6pm with swell from SE 13.1 ft @ 12 sec with winds ENE 34+mph. Thats alot of water moving inland by ground and air delivery.

Thank Goddess that low tide is exactly at 6pm tonight. now let's hope there's a little bit of swell left for the d.p. peace!

I know, wondering how waves will be tmr. Can't get out until late morning Friday.

Gut says it will be flat after 10am, but I have hope.
    Last edited by thad114; Jul 3, 2014 at 01:44 PM. Reason: added

hope lake park doesn't flood y'all out too bad

tomorrow's dp is prolly all we will get

stay safe dog

Quote Originally Posted by metard View Post
    hope lake park doesn't flood y'all out too bad

tomorrow's dp is prolly all we will get

stay safe dog
    same hopeful stoke back at all yalls up on WB!

I'm in Surf City and lucked into a pretty good session mid morning. I paddled out as the tide was starting to fill in and with a storm to our south but as I got out the clouds disappeared, the sun came out and I caught a couple head high waves that actually lined up. I plan to be out before daylight tomorrow. I think it'll be pretty fun.

Quote Originally Posted by NICAfiend View Post
    I'm in Surf City and lucked into a pretty good session mid morning. I paddled out as the tide was starting to fill in and with a storm to our south but as I got out the clouds disappeared, the sun came out and I caught a couple head high waves that actually lined up. I plan to be out before daylight tomorrow. I think it'll be pretty fun.
    yea pre-dawn, if we're lucky and get some breaks in the clouds it should be light enough by 5:20 or so. i've had a bunch of those pre-dawn sessions under my belt this Summer and ive caught the best waves recently in near dark! good luck

Images
    was talking hurricane story this morning with a long-time CB local and world-travelling charger. he told me a story of catching the last flight into ILM before Fran....only to get to Snow's Cut Bridge and find they had just closed it. undeterred, he strapped his travel bag onto the longboard he travels with and paddled across Snow's Cut as the storm hit...had someone pick him on the CB side. that's 'core

Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    was talking hurricane story this morning with a long-time CB local and world-travelling charger. he told me a story of catching the last flight into ILM before Fran....only to get to Snow's Cut Bridge and find they had just closed it. undeterred, he strapped his travel bag onto the longboard he travels with and paddled across Snow's Cut as the storm hit...had someone pick him on the CB side. that's 'core
    geez i wonder how fast the current was flowing in the ICW that day?? so core indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post

Wow. That IS core. As narrow as Snow's Cut is I bet it was really pulling hard. Did he come out at the inlet or at Baldy? ;-)

watching the developments live from sunskipper