LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    667

    this CB regular hopes that low tide will minimize flooding/damage

    swell peaks @ 6pm with swell from SE 13.1 ft @ 12 sec with winds ENE 34+mph. Thats alot of water moving inland by ground and air delivery.

    Thank Goddess that low tide is exactly at 6pm tonight. now let's hope there's a little bit of swell left for the d.p. peace!

  2. #2
    I know, wondering how waves will be tmr. Can't get out until late morning Friday.

    Gut says it will be flat after 10am, but I have hope.
    Last edited by thad114; Jul 3, 2014 at 01:44 PM. Reason: added

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wb
    Posts
    1,711
    hope lake park doesn't flood y'all out too bad

    tomorrow's dp is prolly all we will get

    stay safe dog

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by metard View Post
    hope lake park doesn't flood y'all out too bad

    tomorrow's dp is prolly all we will get

    stay safe dog
    same hopeful stoke back at all yalls up on WB!

  5. #5
    I'm in Surf City and lucked into a pretty good session mid morning. I paddled out as the tide was starting to fill in and with a storm to our south but as I got out the clouds disappeared, the sun came out and I caught a couple head high waves that actually lined up. I plan to be out before daylight tomorrow. I think it'll be pretty fun.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by NICAfiend View Post
    I'm in Surf City and lucked into a pretty good session mid morning. I paddled out as the tide was starting to fill in and with a storm to our south but as I got out the clouds disappeared, the sun came out and I caught a couple head high waves that actually lined up. I plan to be out before daylight tomorrow. I think it'll be pretty fun.
    yea pre-dawn, if we're lucky and get some breaks in the clouds it should be light enough by 5:20 or so. i've had a bunch of those pre-dawn sessions under my belt this Summer and ive caught the best waves recently in near dark! good luck

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Promontorium Tremendum
    Posts
    966
    Images
    1
    was talking hurricane story this morning with a long-time CB local and world-travelling charger. he told me a story of catching the last flight into ILM before Fran....only to get to Snow's Cut Bridge and find they had just closed it. undeterred, he strapped his travel bag onto the longboard he travels with and paddled across Snow's Cut as the storm hit...had someone pick him on the CB side. that's 'core

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    was talking hurricane story this morning with a long-time CB local and world-travelling charger. he told me a story of catching the last flight into ILM before Fran....only to get to Snow's Cut Bridge and find they had just closed it. undeterred, he strapped his travel bag onto the longboard he travels with and paddled across Snow's Cut as the storm hit...had someone pick him on the CB side. that's 'core
    geez i wonder how fast the current was flowing in the ICW that day?? so core indeed.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    was talking hurricane story this morning with a long-time CB local and world-travelling charger. he told me a story of catching the last flight into ILM before Fran....only to get to Snow's Cut Bridge and find they had just closed it. undeterred, he strapped his travel bag onto the longboard he travels with and paddled across Snow's Cut as the storm hit...had someone pick him on the CB side. that's 'core

    Wow. That IS core. As narrow as Snow's Cut is I bet it was really pulling hard. Did he come out at the inlet or at Baldy? ;-)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Carolina Beach
    Posts
    527
    watching the developments live from sunskipper