LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Images
    Ohh, and back to the original point of this thread....

Remember: Tropical Storm. Hurricane. Floods. Gail Force Winds

Those are all the buzz-words that are plastered on ever media outlet in the country and have been for 3 days. It just so happens to be over a huge holiday weekend, where everyone is at the beach. So of course, everyone and their momma is thinking "Ohh my goodness, Hurricane? Rip Currents? Strong Winds? I know that crazy Zach619 is going to go surf. I better call his mother, have her call him and make sure he is aware of the dangers in the ocean during a Hurricane"

DOH? MSW = Make Surf any size you Want

Can't blame them for warning the tourons. They gonna get good and drunk and then man up and go swimming cuz they're invincible when drunk. Then some lifeguard has to risk his life to pull another drunken idiot out.

Strong currents last weekend at CB. Lifeguards kept whistling people in who were walking around on the outer bar rt at the inlet. One couple was *****ing up a storm about "why didn't he whistle at those guys earlier? Why just us?". Told em I guess he doesn't give a **** if the other guys drown.

Where they were...step to the rt and its 3ft and calm. Step to the left and its 10ft and sucking straight out to sea. Bye-bye birdy...

We were snorkeling in between the bars. Lifeguard whistled us in and after I talked to him he said it's all good, just wanted to let me know what's up. I thanked him and said no prob. And they weren't saying anything to the few of us that paddled out that day.

How it should be, IMHO.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    Ohh, and back to the original point of this thread....

Remember: Tropical Storm. Hurricane. Floods. Gail Force Winds

Those are all the buzz-words that are plastered on ever media outlet in the country and have been for 3 days. It just so happens to be over a huge holiday weekend, where everyone is at the beach. So of course, everyone and their momma is thinking "Ohh my goodness, Hurricane? Rip Currents? Strong Winds? I know that crazy Zach619 is going to go surf. I better call his mother, have her call him and make sure he is aware of the dangers in the ocean during a Hurricane"
    You sir just it the nail square on the head

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2014/jul/...ing-rescue-at/

This happened as Arthur passed by offshore. My best guess was a wicked strong north to south current trapped them against the jetty, but thats just a guess. When Sandy came by i couldnt believe how wicked fast the sideshore current was-- spooked me....There's a conveyer belt that goes alongside the jetty, maybe they tried to take it out, who knows. It was maybe waist to chest I heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2014/jul/...ing-rescue-at/

This happened as Arthur passed by offshore. My best guess was a wicked strong north to south current trapped them against the jetty, but thats just a guess. When Sandy came by i couldnt believe how wicked fast the sideshore current was-- spooked me....There's a conveyer belt that goes alongside the jetty, maybe they tried to take it out, who knows. It was maybe waist to chest I heard.
    Glad those girls are all right...

You aren't from NE originally are you? Two wicked's in one post.

Mom, I'm going surfing, you can pick me up in Africa next week

Don't paddle out if you can't swim in after you get bounced off the reef, your leash snaps, and/or your fins get blown off.

Rips are a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by tlokein View Post
    Glad those girls are all right...

You aren't from NE originally are you? Two wicked's in one post.
    Yup. You nailed it

its all politics.at the beach last night I seen plenty of culprits who fit in the "u will die if u swim out" type of people.but nobody was swimming,but I did see a bunch of people taking pics right at the waters edge as whitewater comes blasting up the beach.these are the people they are warning im guessing.u stand there and get lifted off ur feet and pulled out.even tho yesterdays rips would've only pulled u out 30yds.i did see a lot of rips which is nothing odd with a groundswell.

todays traffic on the gsp,I must of seen a liscense plate from every state on the eastcoast from ma to florida.at one point I had like 15 nyorkers surrounding me in traffic.i lost count of all the nyorkers.I don't get why they come here,ny has beaches too.these are the bennys that have no knowledge of the ocean and end up drowning.making it hard for the rest of us.i guess surfing a noreaster in late January in 38degree waters is more dangerous than surfing 6footers in 70degree water.its only the "summertime" that the ocean is a killer.most of these rip drownings occur when theyr aren't even any waves.those aren't rip drownings,just regular drownings.I still think the ocean is a scary place.i wouldn't go if I didn't surf,dont really see the need.to sit around tanning and going for a swim,nothing compared to surfing an empty beach.it wasn't even that crowded yesterday which was awesome