LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    sounds like u went out too early.i was out from 730 to 830pm basically til it got dark,maybe 9.went back and watched fireworks off the pier.best 4th of july I can remember.waves were about 7ft mutant slabs with some crazy barrels at my spot.it was going off.youll get a big 6 wave set,then a long lull and it kept getting bigger and better the later.i monitored the cane all day long and definitely picked the best time to go out during the peak

Quote Originally Posted by suboxonne View Post
    i ended up paddling out at 630, it was pretty big

now they are saying wed is guna be fun? i doubt it, its way to far ahed to call. lets see how quickly it changes to 1-2ft
    The forecast was spot on for Arthur, so now your doubting the next swell forecast. Your stoke is too much for me to handle.

Good work Micah!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by suboxonne View Post
    i ended up paddling out at 630, it was pretty big

now they are saying wed is guna be fun? i doubt it, its way to far ahed to call. lets see how quickly it changes to 1-2ft
    Aren't we a ray of ****ing sunshine?

Look dude. I'm new with SI, so I don't have lots of history to go by, but... The forecasts for my beach here in Galveston are pretty close so far. It took me a while to learn my beach, the weather patterns, sandbars, tides, etc. I don't expect SI to be my ONLY way of knowing wtf is going on. That's on ME to do. I have found, though, the forecasts are pretty reliable. It's pretty cool to see the forecasts showing wind chop growing each day, 1', 2', 3', 4+', then next morning the winds die off at 6am and it's waist to chest and glassy (for here). I'm out there, often alone, with a big ol' smile. By the time the skeptics arrive at 8am, it's already getting windy and knee to waist. I drag my happy, worn out, old butt out of the water, smilin from ear to ear. I got no complaints from our forecasts, but remember... It's on ME to know when to go. It is pretty cool when the forecasts are so close though.

Jeez.

Images
    Oh, btw...

It was a lake here in Galveston the whole time... but I was hootin for y'all here in Texas. Great stories! And those pics Ryan posted DEFINITELY got me STOKED!

I ain't usually upset, but just DANG dude.

Alright, time to go pray for surf.

Later

Quote Originally Posted by mOtion732 View Post
    Southern moco was bombing from 5-6pm. Study the underwater topography and youll learn why northern moco doesn't get the long period stuff.
    paddled out; no one around.
    VERY LARGE SETS.
    waiting for one i glance at the shore…
    theres forty people standing watching me…(??)
    then i figure it out.
    in the moment of 'thrill of victory' or agony of defeat…
    they were watching to see if i would hurt myself.
    i paddled in without catching one.

Images
    did you just write a haiku about your sesh on Friday?

Quote Originally Posted by wallysurfr View Post
    did you just write a haiku about your sesh on Friday?
    yes.
    that poem is for sale.
    pm me.

soooooo whats tomaro morning gunna be like? im calling bs 1-2ft
    should i bother getting up at 5am to check the surf??

gonna be flat. Maybe some strong rip currents

why is it gunna be flat? if so then why do they say stomach to shoulder? mite as well have my grandma start forecasting the surf