close ad [x]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Yeah I swim every day and always bring an inhaler with me. On my winter wetsuit (hooded chest zip) it gets tucked inside the chest zipper in the neck/shoulder area. On my 3mil fullsuit it gets tucked in the little "utility" pocket. In my trunks it just goes in the side pocket (velcro'ed shut).

Looks like they're curing asthma:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/heal...akthrough.html

Quote Originally Posted by SEsurfSLACKER View Post
    like the song says:

So you've got to legalize it, and don't criticize it
    Legalize it, yeah, yeah, and I will advertise it

It's good for the flu, a good for ASTHMA
    Good for tuberculosis, even umara composis

Got to legalize it, don't criticize it
    Legalize it, yeah, yeah, I will advertise it

Birds eat it, ants love it
    Fowls eat it, goats love to play with it

So you've got to legalize it, don't criticize it
    Legalize it, yeah, yeah, and I will advertise it

Keep on telling you, legalize it

-Peter Tosh
    Hi, I'm DPSUP and I approve this message.

Quote Originally Posted by BassMon View Post
    Might look silly but wear a fanny pack.
    nah, you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    The world of medicine said the same think in the early 90s with respect to the leukotriene pathway (Singulair). To the original poster, you DO need to be careful--if you look at the mortality rate in asthmatics, there are deaths even in "mild asthma", due to the disease, not "other" causes. Usually due to an "attack".
    As for carrying your inhaler in the water, and I assume you are referring to albuterol, I would still try to insure keeping it dry in a waterproof bag. Salt water is extremely corrosive; look at the container which is the inhaler- metal. You know as well as I do, you will not change the inhaler with enough frequency to override any rust concerns, so that when you need to use it out in the water, the likelihood of failure is higher than if you kept it dry. You need the odds to be on your side.
    Are you on an inhaled steroid? Fluticasone, or budesonide or similar?? If not, I suggest, because you do want to continue surfing, to have your doc place you on one. They reduce the inflammation which, as you know, is the reason airways slowly close off.
    Stay well, and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    thats good news unless that news story was written by the same company who would
    profit from its cure. if it is its more likely hooey.

Quote Originally Posted by baddy trailerpark View Post
    thats good news unless that news story was written by the same company who would
    profit from its cure. if it is its more likely hooey.
    No, baddy--there are several calcilytics on the market, most are generically available. So you can let go of your suspicions. But if a company does "cure" asthma, they are entitled to huge profits.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Cuda View Post
    No, baddy--there are several calcilytics on the market, most are generically available. So you can let go of your suspicions. But if a company does "cure" asthma, they are entitled to huge profits.
    i defer; just skeptical about everything...especially...on....the....internet.
    good surf here ystdy; u get any? uh, surf that is...

Quote Originally Posted by baddy trailerpark View Post
    i defer; just skeptical about everything...especially...on....the....internet.
    good surf here ystdy; u get any? uh, surf that is...
    I did get out yesterday..waist to chest. Surfed for about 2 hours. Then the wind came up, and it was all over.

the reason i asked was surfline had the "wall" cam on; looked small but nice....

Place this code at the end of your tag: