LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is all shaft-hunters fault

"I was there. The shark was 6-7 feet. A fisherman who regularly tries to catch sharks had it on the line for 45 minutes ... and the shark was panicking. The swimmer just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time," Valor wrote in the comments section.

Maybe fishing for sharks around swimmers and surfers is a BAD idea! Great whites don't usually think of humans as food. First white attack this far south in a while. Crazytown

http://redondobeach.patch.com/groups...each-pier45614

Maybe surfing near someone fishing for sharks is a BAD idea! Just kidding, pretty messed that this WAS NOT an unprovoked attack, the shark was fighting for it's life.

What a cluster fukkk. Only humans could inspire something as nutso de facto as this saga.

'Ban the humans'

Images
    Yes, ban the humans.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Yes, ban the humans.
    Thing is, you don't go fishing for large fish with the same gear or bait that you do sun perch. People go fishing for sharks with pretty specific gear and bait. There's one thing catching big fish out on the open ocean, but shore or pier fishing for sharks!!! That just seems crazy to me. Yeah, maybe out on Padre or any other sea shore where you can put some distance between you and other people, yeah I can see that, no problem I like fishing for big fish that put up a fight; but Manhattan Fkn Pier on the 4th!!! Seldom, they bring in really BIG sharks off the piers out here every so often; there's a pic of some giant hammerhead they caught off the pier that I surf at, that fisherman sounds like a friggin idiot.

You never go full on retard.

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Thing is, you don't go fishing for large fish with the same gear or bait that you do sun perch. People go fishing for sharks with pretty specific gear and bait. There's one thing catching big fish out on the open ocean, but shore or pier fishing for sharks!!! That just seems crazy to me. Yeah, maybe out on Padre or any other sea shore where you can put some distance between you and other people, yeah I can see that, no problem I like fishing for big fish that put up a fight; but Manhattan Fkn Pier on the 4th!!! Seldom, they bring in really BIG sharks off the piers out here every so often; there's a pic of some giant hammerhead they caught off the pier that I surf at, that fisherman sounds like a friggin idiot.

You never go full on retard.

I hate this sue heavy culture, but I really think this guy is liable for that dudes injuries. You are right about needing special gear etc. This guy really didn't think things through

Images
    You never go full on retard.[/QUOTE]

one of the best and insightful movie quotes ever...totally applicable here

Although it's already been said, shark fishing in a highly populated area where many people are swimming, body surfing and surfing is dangerous and just plain stupid. Apparently the guy had been doing this sort of thing for awhile. Surprised no one had previously reported him. I know the area. Used to swim and body surf there as a kid.

Gaffer had me at the tread title. Didn't even need to review the link. Not sure if a TOTY Swellie can be given purely on title, but I'm beside myself on the ingenuity.

Agree w Gaffer, and yah great thread title.

Every time I surf near surf fishermen (which is, like, every sesh at AI) I half-wonder in the back of my mind what's circling around underneath my legs considering which bait to take a chomp at.