LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    robert moses
    Posts
    26
    Images
    1

    Angry Get a boat or go home!

    anyone else tired of sitting in the line up and turning around only to see some kook ''fisherman" casting out right next to you? happened almost every session out here on long island. its funny too because where I surf, there is a 6 foot channel then 20 feet out turns into a long ankle deep (sometimes dry) sand bar, yet people still cast out there . I surf 4-5 times a week for many hours and haven't seen a single thing get caught. I try and tell them to move or leave because I don't wanna get hooked but it never works.anyone got any ideas on how to deal with this?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by polevaultersurfer View Post
    anyone else tired of sitting in the line up and turning around only to see some kook ''fisherman" casting out right next to you? happened almost every session out here on long island. its funny too because where I surf, there is a 6 foot channel then 20 feet out turns into a long ankle deep (sometimes dry) sand bar, yet people still cast out there . I surf 4-5 times a week for many hours and haven't seen a single thing get caught. I try and tell them to move or leave because I don't wanna get hooked but it never works.anyone got any ideas on how to deal with this?
    You surf 4to 5 times per week? You must be exaggerating!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wb
    Posts
    1,509
    go on the internet and complain

    that will fix it

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Watertown, Massachusetts, United States
    Posts
    53
    I agree with metard, this is the only option.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    314
    I surf that beach all the time and I surf just as much, 3-5 times a week. Never had a problem. Ever. Actually saw a guy catch s pretty big fish today. I believe he said it was a 19 pound fish. We talked before casting/paddling out and we were both in the same general area but stayed out of each others way. Mutual respect. If the fisherman has no respect, paddle down the beach a bit. There's plenty of waves

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    3,360
    Coexist: it's a crowded planet & it's not getting less so anytime soon.

    I've found the surf fishermen guys to be totally cool with surfers. They even tell me sometimes where they're dropping hook so I don't get snagged.

    Pier fishermen, on the other hand, I dunno about that lot. I've surfed VB & those fukkers on the 15th St pier throw weights & debris at surfers who the fisherpeople think stray too close to the pier.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by MFitz73 View Post
    You surf 4to 5 times per week? You must be exaggerating!
    I told you a million times not to exaggerate!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    BELMAR, NJ
    Posts
    1,396
    Images
    1
    Yea seriously they fish and we surf

    #saltlife

    #ifyoucantbeatthemjointhem

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    ethernet
    Posts
    2,403
    become rich or **** off. boats are expensive you elitist whining crybaby

  10. #10
    Agree 100%... Surfing there for years and never an issue.

    Just because it's a dry sand bar doesn't mean there's not fish there when the tide comes in. Bait get washed up on the bar and bass/blues follow. Caught/seen plenty of fish caught there.

    Quote Originally Posted by BassMon View Post
    I surf that beach all the time and I surf just as much, 3-5 times a week. Never had a problem. Ever. Actually saw a guy catch s pretty big fish today. I believe he said it was a 19 pound fish. We talked before casting/paddling out and we were both in the same general area but stayed out of each others way. Mutual respect. If the fisherman has no respect, paddle down the beach a bit. There's plenty of waves