LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 135
  1. #81
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    VA Beach
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by World B Frielinghaus View Post
    Rell Sunn: The Queen of Makaha. '70's legend.

    This lady could surf with the big boys. She was an activist, politician, DJ, and the original "Stone Cold Fox" as we used to say back then.

    I fell in love with Rell on looks alone and that is not fair. She was an amazing woman and worked hard for her indigenous Hawaiian culture and Women's Rights in and out of the water. She was also the best damn hula dancer I ever saw!

    Slide on.
    Very nice vid. Glad you posted it. Likely wouldn't have seen otherwise. Thanks

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    3,786
    Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    More old surfing footage, dating back to early 60s. Some agro antics, and nasty big wave wipe outs - including a jet ski and a Hobie Cat.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qj_Ybf2APY
    Sweet video, dudes launching their board at each other, wow...

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    21N 158W give or take
    Posts
    1,984

    surf footage shot from lighthouse at about 220ish, mjf alert
    fl around 630

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    3,620
    Images
    6
    That Hatteras vid is cool, dig the soundtrack. Jack Lindholm, dk OG:

    Jack Lindholm.jpg

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hilton Head Island - OB, SD
    Posts
    3,722
    Images
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by DosXX View Post
    More old surfing footage, dating back to early 60s. Some agro antics, and nasty big wave wipe outs - including a jet ski and a Hobie Cat.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qj_Ybf2APY
    Nice video. Crazy sh**. What's really amazing to me is that guys have been charging those huge waves for SOOOOO long before us, with terrible equipment. Talk about balls. Dropping into 25ft Waimea Bay on Giant 11 foot single fin planks.... Talk about leading the way. Those guys probably look at modern surfing with out jet skis and foot straps and life vests and air tanks and think we are just vaginas.

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hilton Head Island - OB, SD
    Posts
    3,722
    Images
    26
    Not really a throwback, but this video was interesting. Bunch of dudes longboarding Pipe. Don't see that every day. Bonga had the most legit ride of the video obviously. Perfect 10


  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    That Hatteras vid is cool, dig the soundtrack. Jack Lindholm, dk OG:

    Jack Lindholm.jpg
    sick one, I tried to find a good pic of one of his Pipe bottom turns, but the best I could find is this poor quality video, check out the second wave



    Looks kind of lke the bottom turns in that skimboard video, or this


  8. #88
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    3,620
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by sbx View Post
    sick one, I tried to find a good pic of one of his Pipe bottom turns, but the best I could find is this poor quality video, check out the second wave



    Looks kind of lke the bottom turns in that skimboard video, or this

    Dude, absolute insanity! He's hanging on w/ like 4" of rail, sick.

  9. #89
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hilton Head Island - OB, SD
    Posts
    3,722
    Images
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    Dude, absolute insanity! He's hanging on w/ like 4" of rail, sick.
    WTF is up with the bottom contour on that sponge SS? What is all that for?

  10. #90
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    3,620
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    WTF is up with the bottom contour on that sponge SS? What is all that for?
    To be honest dude I have no clue and was wondering the same...I honestly think it's just an old beat up leftover something with the slick peeled off...