LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Water temp -5 degrees?

I just noticed that the water temp out here went down from 70 to 65 degrees in the matter of a day...is this due to the hurricane?

kind of? I know here in NJ we had a water temp dip over the weekend but it was mainly caused by strong south winds for a few days which causes upwelling of colder water lower in the water column. the souths were a result of Art.

Water feels about 53F, just got out. Painful to the hands at first, but you get used to it. The N, NE, E winds forecasted for Thursday should warm it right back up.

MV just got hit today with the temp dip? We got it all last week and had southerlies prior to Arty.

Guess you'll have to bump up to an 11mm wetty with NASA boots/mitts to compensate, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan7 View Post
    Water feels about 53F, just got out. Painful to the hands at first, but you get used to it. The N, NE, E winds forecasted for Thursday should warm it right back up.
    it was definitely 'take your breath away' cold when i jumped in a few times over the weekend.

How cold did it really get in NJ? We had high 50s here but that felt fine after you were in it and there were pools of water that were much warmer. You guys couldn't have had lower temps than us in NE. Really?

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    MV just got hit today with the temp dip? We got it all last week and had southerlies prior to Arty.

Guess you'll have to bump up to an 11mm wetty with NASA boots/mitts to compensate, bro.
    I got dual 7 mil wettys with electric waterproof warmers on the insides, should do the trick

I'm not sure about NJ but on LI it got down to like 60 or 61. I would guess NJ wouldn't be much diffrent

53 and 61 are entirely different ball games. I'll trunk it no prob in 61. Not in 53.

Images
    SW wind definitely cause cold water upwelling in Delmarva.