LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Every Dog Has Their Day

This is one of the best videos to come out of W. Florida. Sometimes the Gulf doesn't look like the Gulf. Since it's flat as a pancake out there right now, I figured I'd get the stoke train going and summon some waves out there. Enjoy...

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/645500..._gulf_section/

Was hoping for the Gulf to be similarly blessed a month ago when I was there. I'll get it when that place is mackin at some point. Pretty dope vid!

So sick that it barrels like that at those sizes. How far down the coast is that?

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Was hoping for the Gulf to be similarly blessed a month ago when I was there. I'll get it when that place is mackin at some point. Pretty dope vid!
    Yeah bro, I was hoping you would have scored too, it's hit or miss (mostly miss), but when it's on, IT'S ON. You'll get it good one day. Keep an eye on the radar, if you see any type of storm brewing and headed for the Gulf, get down here. Also, it can get good in the Winter / Spring too. Those Low pressures can kick up something solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Southsidesurfer View Post
    So sick that it barrels like that at those sizes. How far down the coast is that?
    The size when it's a good day will generally be chest - HH (sometimes 2-3ft+ OH), if there is a legit storm out there it'll rival just about anywhere on the E. Coast on a good day. Most of the video is from my backyard, which is anywhere from Clearwater Beach down to Venice, the video starts out at a couple spots in the St. Petersburg / Treasure Island area, which is about 30-45 minutes from my office. It barrels on the right conditions. Most days it's a mushy POS wave, but a few rare gems slide through each year.

Wow that's awesome. Seems like fun when it's the right conditions.

i hate baron knowlton

cool video

Quote Originally Posted by metard View Post
    i hate baron knowlton

cool video
    You ever surf the Gulf?

Quote Originally Posted by surfin paulie View Post
    It's pretty sweet when we get storms that stay down in the southern gulf. We had that happen for a few weeks last fall, Sept / Oct I believe. Head high and almost as glassy as that vid, 3 weekends in a row, ALL weekend. Four block long swells. Best I remember seeing since I moved here 3 years ago.

Paulie was havin a good ol time.

Great vid. Brought me right back to those days.

Right on Paulie!

Images
    Nice vid DPSUP! Haven't seen it that good in a while. Like paulie said, last fall.