LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cool the 2014 j-bay contest thread

who do you like? jordy is doing well and nat and gabriel rebounded from
    round one loss. this wave suits john-john; at least better than recent venues.
    or kelly/parko/taj/micků.who will it be?

Parko and Kelly always looks good on this wave... How about Jordy's 10...??? didn't get to watch others but I feel like a 10 should involve more tube-riding than that. Any fantasy surfer players out there?

The team is...
    Mick
    Medina
    John John
    Nat
    Jordy
    Wright
    Dion

no Kelly? is that your asp team or surfer mag team?

Images
    Julian Wilson's air in the end of the last heat of the day was insane

Surfer mag.....I'm not to into the fantasy thing but it makes watching the contests fun especially in not so good surf. Kelly's awesome and surfs like no other....but I always root against him. Id love to see some of the new guys on tour really start to step it up and start winning some titles. Give Kelly's record a run for its money ya know

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by baddy trailerpark View Post
    who do you like? jordy is doing well and nat and gabriel rebounded from
    round one loss. this wave suits john-john; at least better than recent venues.
    or kelly/parko/taj/micků.who will it be?
    Watched most of it last night.

Jordy and Kelly seemed very suited to making the most of those conditions. I've always thought Kelly surfs J-Bay with just amazing instinct, and reading what that wave is going to do 30 yards down the line, or even more, is a huge advantage over guys who seem like they go up to do a turn, and then are surprised by wave the wave does when they re-enter (usually they fall behind a section)

Medina surfed well, but that wave just isnt suited to the pump, pump, huge air game. His carving and rail game has come a long way, but surfing this wave backside, and stacking up against a Kelly, Joel, or Jordy must challenging.

He rode that wave as well as it could be ridden. I agree though. A ten usually involves more barrells than that. Still sick.

Agreed. A great ride but I wouldn't chalk it up to a 10. Julian's air was SICK cray cray.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna Kai View Post
    He rode that wave as well as it could be ridden. I agree though. A ten usually involves more barrells than that. Still sick.