LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    I'm calling Kelly winning it. He has always killed it there. After what happened years ago in the Taj/CJ heat, when a shark fin popped up outside the lineup. Taj B-lined to the beach, CJ saw it too, but just chilled and kept taking waves, won the heat. Taj was eliminated.

In the post heat interview, they said, did you see the white shark fin? CJ said yeah, I'm from Florida, if I got out of the water every time I saw a shark, I would have never learned to surf.

Just saying, I would take a Florida boy at J Bay over any of the Aussies.

They are hyping Jordy like he's Kelly for the event

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    I'm calling Kelly winning it. He has always killed it there. After what happened years ago in the Taj/CJ heat, when a shark fin popped up outside the lineup. Taj B-lined to the beach, CJ saw it too, but just chilled and kept taking waves, won the heat. Taj was eliminated.

In the post heat interview, they said, did you see the white shark fin? CJ said yeah, I'm from Florida, if I got out of the water every time I saw a shark, I would have never learned to surf.

Just saying, I would take a Florida boy at J Bay over any of the Aussies.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Wet Monster View Post
    They are hyping Jordy like he's Kelly for the event
    I would say the only crew that is at a serious disadvantage here is the Brazillians. Everyone else has clocked plenty of time on waves like J Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    I would say the only crew that is at a serious disadvantage here is the Brazillians. Everyone else has clocked plenty of time on waves like J Bay.
    you'ze (i'm from jersey) guys seem to like kelly.
    and jordy.
    me i'll take taj…..lets see...

That's what happens when judges over score waves early. They had to give him a 10 because it was so much better than his other two mid 9's.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahuna Kai View Post
    He rode that wave as well as it could be ridden. I agree though. A ten usually involves more barrells than that. Still sick.

Wilko takes out Slater in RD3!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nynj View Post
    Wilko takes out Slater in RD3!
    Dang... Wonder if ol' K Slade is nearing the finish line of competitive surfing. Not that one lass at J Bay will do that, but how long can this dude fight off the youth movement? I'm going to write him a letter and suggest that he goes back to a meat and potatoes diet like a real american should =) All that Kale and oats and weird grass smoothies he puts on instagram all the time have NOT been helping his performance in recent years. Home boy needs to get his mojo back and his strength up.

Freddy p all the way! The goofys are goin to dominate IMHO. It's such a perfect wave for backside snaps and carves. Hopefully it gets heavier so we see some more barrel riding. That's always exciting, especially on someone's back hand.

Wilko always strikes when I take him off my team. Think it was this time last years he had a bit of a run.

I love CJ Hobgood, but im surprised a bunch of boring, nursed half-turns were worth 7's and took out Jordy. Weak heat. Jordy Smith is the best surfer in the world right now IMO but he's destined to finish middle of the pack. Maybe Oneill needs to pony up and pay for his scores (or PED's) ala Parko and Fanning