LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lebron

Images

Lebron

Is going home to Cleveland.

My opinion of him just went from hatred, to mild dislike.

Regardless of my opinion of the guy, that was a classy move right there. I will give him that.

The fans in Miami suck anyway and their building will be vacant for many years to come.

As a Lebron fan i'm not mad at him. I didn't think anything less of him when he went to Miami, and I don't think anything less of him now that he's back in Cleveland. I will say though, he must of swallowed quite a bit of pride going back to an owner such as Dan Gilbert. That guy is a classless prick. The Heat owner is handling this with class, the way it should be.

Good for the fans of Cleveland, feel bad for the Miami fans, but they got a couple more rings because of him so they can't be too upset, he took them to the finals every year, so they got what they paid him for. Miami will bounce back, but not anytime soon I don't think. Lebron w/Irving is going to be really fun to watch.

who?????????

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    As a Lebron fan i'm not mad at him. I didn't think anything less of him when he went to Miami, and I don't think anything less of him now that he's back in Cleveland. I will say though, he must of swallowed quite a bit of pride going back to an owner such as Dan Gilbert. That guy is a classless prick. The Heat owner is handling this with class, the way it should be.

Good for the fans of Cleveland, feel bad for the Miami fans, but they got a couple more rings because of him so they can't be too upset, he took them to the finals every year, so they got what they paid him for. Miami will bounce back, but not anytime soon I don't think. Lebron w/Irving is going to be really fun to watch.
    Miami fans are more fare weather than SoCal fans, and that is bad. So, I don't think they really deserved having such a powerhouse team. These are the fans that walked out of the arena right before the biggest comeback in Finals History last year...

All that aside, I just don't like Lebron, because he was arrogant, self-proclaimed king and he was brought up in a bunch of hype and he acted like it. I thought he was a coward for going to Miami. They, effectively broke the Collective Bargaining Agreement, which was in place to prevent creating a monopoly like that.

What he did in Miami changed the whole game. Now every team is trying to get these "big threes". Techinically, Boston "bought" a championship with the original Big Three and then Miami purchased two...

I am just a Jordan guy, and a guy who rocked #23 until people called him out, and sat on Thrones and called himself the "King" just rubbed me the wrong way. Add in the fact that he graduated high school and went to the pros and sounded like he was on a third grade reading level. Just not a fan...

Then, "THE DECISION"

I don't fault Dan Gilbert for what he said about Lebron. He was DEAD ON. Coward. All that....

But now, even me as a Lebron Hater, I have to re-evaluate what I think of him. I do NOT dispute that he is the best player in the league. He is, hands down...

But until this day, having him mentioned in the same sentence as MJ makes me cringe....

If he goes back to cleveland and even wins ONE ring, he can AT LEAST be in the conversation...

You could see that he has been tormented for years by it. He has pretended that the fact that he is the most hated guy in the league didn't bother him. He has basically had to go so far as to say that he doesn't care about what any fans think. "Its about the players playing the game" he said. That is no way to speak on your fans...

I think he will be able to sleep better at night. He will no longer received the hatred that he has endured in recent years. He is back home. He can be a hometown hero again. South Beach is a long way away from the reality of what Lebron is and was...

Good on ya LeBron... Now I can actually be happy for your success, if you do continue to have it.

Damn bros. There are some bad treads here but this is up their with the worst. From a guy that loves hoop and his NBA, too.

Who is a Labron and why is it going to Cleveland? Why would anything want to go to Cleveland?

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    Miami fans are more fare weather than SoCal fans, and that is bad. So, I don't think they really deserved having such a powerhouse team. These are the fans that walked out of the arena right before the biggest comeback in Finals History last year...

All that aside, I just don't like Lebron, because he was arrogant, self-proclaimed king and he was brought up in a bunch of hype and he acted like it. I thought he was a coward for going to Miami. They, effectively broke the Collective Bargaining Agreement, which was in place to prevent creating a monopoly like that.

What he did in Miami changed the whole game. Now every team is trying to get these "big threes". Techinically, Boston "bought" a championship with the original Big Three and then Miami purchased two...

I am just a Jordan guy, and a guy who rocked #23 until people called him out, and sat on Thrones and called himself the "King" just rubbed me the wrong way. Add in the fact that he graduated high school and went to the pros and sounded like he was on a third grade reading level. Just not a fan...

Then, "THE DECISION"

I don't fault Dan Gilbert for what he said about Lebron. He was DEAD ON. Coward. All that....

But now, even me as a Lebron Hater, I have to re-evaluate what I think of him. I do NOT dispute that he is the best player in the league. He is, hands down...

But until this day, having him mentioned in the same sentence as MJ makes me cringe....

If he goes back to cleveland and even wins ONE ring, he can AT LEAST be in the conversation...

You could see that he has been tormented for years by it. He has pretended that the fact that he is the most hated guy in the league didn't bother him. He has basically had to go so far as to say that he doesn't care about what any fans think. "Its about the players playing the game" he said. That is no way to speak on your fans...

I think he will be able to sleep better at night. He will no longer received the hatred that he has endured in recent years. He is back home. He can be a hometown hero again. South Beach is a long way away from the reality of what Lebron is and was...

Good on ya LeBron... Now I can actually be happy for your success, if you do continue to have it.
    You're entitled to your opinion, I disagree, but that's OK. I too was and am a big MJ fan, still got his jersey in my closet. There will be only one MJ, just like there will be only one Lebron James. I don't like the comparisons, but it's what people do. Both great in their own right. Both best of their era. Different skill sets, different body types, different game today. Just too many variables to say who is better. Let's just agree they are both one of the greatest of all time, along with Magic, Bird, Kareem, Russell, and a few others.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    You're entitled to your opinion, I disagree, but that's OK. I too was and am a big MJ fan, still got his jersey in my closet. There will be only one MJ, just like there will be only one Lebron James. I don't like the comparisons, but it's what people do. Both great in their own right. Both best of their era. Different skill sets, different body types, different game today. Just too many variables to say who is better. Let's just agree they are both one of the greatest of all time, along with Magic, Bird, Kareem, Russell, and a few others.
    Fair enough. I admitted he is the greatest guy right now. He is a beast. I just never liked his attitude and the way he carries himself. He really doesn't have that angry, hunter mentality that only Jordan ever really had. There are handcheck rules now and a million other differences, which means comparing today's game to the way it was in the 90s, people could argue that jordan would have dropped 100 points a few times if the rules were how they are now.

Either way, if Jordan didn't take 2 years off to play baseball, he would have 8 rings. Jordan never even played in a game 7 in the finals, much less lost one. He just stepped on peoples throats. That is why Lebron has always wanted to emulate Jordan. Wore his number. Lebron has actually reached out to Jordan for help and advice, and as far as i Know, he never shared a word with him. Jordan invited Carmello to his house a few years ago and Melo said that what jordan shared with him was mind blowing and changed melos game forever. When asked what Jordan told him, Melo said, I will take that to my grave. I mean, Jordan has never lost an NBA Final. Lebron has lost 3 out of 5. It's not that Lebron isn't great. He is isnt Michael Jordan. Jordan made sure every game that counted, was won handily. Game 7? What is a game 7?

Just saying. Lebron is in the same category with Wilt, Magic, Larry and a few others. But there is only one king. The best to ever touch the court, and his name isn't Lebron...

That could all change. Going back to Cleveland is a step in the right direction. But he has a long way to go to be considered the best ever.

P.S. Kobe got five rings and he is a killer. He is old now, but he is a close second to Jordan. 3-4 years ago, Kobe was king and Lebron wasn't even close. Don't forget Kobe. He is a guy that gets pissed off if he loses at paper rock scissors. He is an assassin. He probably has the closest mentality to a true king.
    Last edited by zach619; Jul 11, 2014 at 07:26 PM.

Images
    But hey, we can agree to disagree. Lebron is certainly fun to watch and I wish him well. Up until now, not so much.

You can't really compare different generations. The game changes.
    There are things Lebron does better and things MJ did better. It's impossible to say who is better.

As far as the way Lebron carries himself. I disagree. He's done everything right except for one thing.