LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    I was a sweeper mostly, running a flat back four I would break formation and play stopper sometimes, but always on the D line. I had a never ending supply of energy. I set my school record for playing every minute of every game from Sophmore through senior year. All State, All area, All MVAL. We favored to win the states my senior year and we lost in the first round to Rockville. Ohh well. We were always ranked highly but it never panned out post season. We would face schools that had international players and it just never worked out well for us. Went on to Play D1. Got some action my freshman year. They recruited my position and I didn't get a lot of PT my second year, so after that I just stepped down. It was taking a lot of my time from school, so I was over it.

As far as Basketball, I was starting PG in high school. I had great handles and was probably the best 3 point shooter on our team, but I was also a big assist guy. Never really got many accolades there. We had a few primarily black schools in our division and they would roll over our bigs. I mean, they would have 3 players catchiing oops by the time I was a senior. I am a 5'9 white guy, so I knew I didn't have a future in B Ball. I still play pickup ball and can light up any young man still.

Thats my story. I was a guy that loved basketbal, but I was built to play soccer. That was my favorite sport. But I did a lot of track at a young age. Junior Olympics when I was age 10 and 12. Quit track by 13 or so cause I HATED it, i was just fast, so I was basically built for soccer. I was just a pitbull. You have me mark the best striker and I would just shut him down. You couldn't beat me in a footrace, except for this african dude from Rockville. He burned me once. But my future was in soccer, so that is how it panned out.
    Thats awesome man. Yeah basketball isn't my schools strongpoint hahahaha in 2 varsity seasons we've gone like 2-30somethin, lots of black schools in our area, the savannah-chatham area. For soccer we could use a defender that plays like you did. We lost this year in the quarterfinals due to our defense, 5-3 against a lot of hispanics from North Hall. I gotta hat trick that game in the first half to tie it 3-3, they put two marks on me the second half and exposed out lack of physicality and speed back on D. Eh well. Id call that a success for my freshman season, Quarterfinals, and 3rd in county scoring. Really looking forward to these next three years.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    Yup, cherish these days. Even if you go on to play in college, it will never be the same. NEVER. good times young man. good times. Innocent times. The world is an ugly place, so the competition and the comradery you have is something you may never see again.
    I try to take in as much as i can, and give it all i got. I reeeeally don't wanna look back and have lots of regrets thinking i could have done more.

Images
    5 year high school soccer and graduated hs a year early, played for the high school team in middle school for 2 years. i played sweeper but might try to play college if i get back into shape and train but i like to surf,drink,eat,travel to much so idk. im super fast and 10 times for motivated than your typical college kid so well see if i can make a team when i transfer out of this tech college.

hs soccer (ctr fielder) all years

wrestled in hs two years. first year105, then 132. i grew thin and lank....and therfore got destroyed. no more wrestling for me.

Images
    Seems like the majority of the guys that posted in this thread played soccer? must be a coincidence or something

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by surfin paulie View Post
    Hey man. Go for the gusto. You're doin it right! Funny how I didn't run track or CC in HS because I was one o them "long hairs." Then my goofy butt joins the military for 10 years. No hair then!

Soccer is for sure on the upswing here. I remember being in Italy (military) watchin these tiny little kids kickin a ball. It never hit the ground. It was fun to watch. They start out before 1st grade! More kids seem to be startin younger over here now.

Yeah, no surf over here either...

Later, and good luck!
    Yeah man soccer is coming around here! been playing since i was 4 years old.

Streaking. Minimal gear requirement and was a growing fad then.

Actually, it was water polo and track during my freshman year, x-country and track for the remaining 3 years. Found I was a faster runner than a swimmer. In track I ran 440, 880 and anchored mile relay (U.S. track not metric in the early 70s), team captain. Went to CIF So. Calif regionals (or whatever it was called back then) in the 880 my senior year.
    I continue to run (jog) if not out surfing. Start to feel my age when young couples pushing baby jogging-strollers pass me.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by surfin paulie View Post
    Y'all are the ones that will put USA over the top in future World Cups. Wow! FOUR years old!?! That's awesome!
    Yeah man, soccers the sport that everyone puts there little kids in and hope they want to keep it upů many don't but the ones that have some raw athletic ability and commitment, along with the right coaching, can really go places!

Bunch of gym class heroes.

FLY A BANNER FOR ALL YOUR VARSITY LETTAHS YOU BUNCHA HAZBENZ!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Bunch of gym class heroes.

FLY A BANNER FOR ALL YOUR VARSITY LETTAHS YOU BUNCHA HAZBENZ!!!
    Uncle Rico!
    http://wn.com/uncle_rico