LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Auto advice

Quote Originally Posted by chicharronne View Post
    First off, Thanks to all for the input. I checked the filter and it was sopping wet and sucked in. it was bone dry from the filter to the intake. It cranked and ran.
    I retraced my steps and couldn't believe I got home. My main route home was probably 6' deep, so I went another route that ended up 3' deep in the beginning, and when i turned on Krick (yep) it got deeper. I was pushing a good size wake in front so when I got to an invisible 3' dip, it only added another foot.
    Bottom line is, if it had fugged my van up, I deserved it. But God protects the feebs.
    You are lucky! That could have trashed the engine. Time for a snorkel kit!

Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    I think there's a valuable lesson to be learned here. Never go straight for the tail pipe.

Nah... the lesson is ... read the original post fully before responding.

Quote Originally Posted by brewengineer View Post
    You are lucky! That could have trashed the engine. Time for a snorkel kit!
    looks like that might be the norm for Nerferk. We're #1 in loss of land due to rising oceans.

It made it to my mechanic about 10 miles away. there was a noise that sounded like bearings going in my alternator. Turned out to b my belt tensioner. No problems anywhere else. My stupidity will only cost me $250 repairs plus truck rental. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY less than I originally thought.