LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Images

Angry I hate my phone right now

So I've got an iphone 4s and need some help if anyoneís got the knowledge and/or experience. Iíve been looking online and through other forums for help but I figured Iíd ask everyone here too. I downloaded the new update last night and after installation my phone rebooted and went to the lock screen for a few seconds and then crashed. Itís in recovery mode now with the itunes logo telling me to plug it in. When I connect it to itunes it says it needs to do a complete system restore in order to get it out of recovery mode, which thus completely wipes all data off the phone and need to restore it with a backup from itunes. Only problem is me being the lazy a$$clown that I am, I havenít backed my phone up in months, and I do not use icloud because you have to pay for more than 5 GB of storage and Iíve got a practically full 64 GB phone (I've got something like 6000 photos on my phone, with the most recent 1500 of which I donít have duplicates stored elsewhere).

Does anyone here on SI know how to retrieve this and any other data from an iphone while it is in recovery mode? Apple was of no help whatsoever just said Iím basically screwed and need to restore the phone with itunes to get it to work. I found some third party software made for this but the programs I've found cost between 50-80 bucks and Iím tight on funds, especially if Iím paying for a program that doesn't guarantee itís going to work in which case Iíd be out of pocket and out my photosÖ

Please if anyone knows of any methods of retrieving data it would be most helpful. Thanks guys

What kind of computer do you have, PC or Mac?

Images
    I've got a mac

Try calling third party apple repair places, they may be able to help you out. Tekserve in NYC is one, but they are expensive and somewhat surly in my experience.

Look online for places that specialize in data recovery, (especially mobile). I'm sure you can find someone to get your data, but it may not be cheap. Last time I was looking for this service for my hard drive, it was supposedly $250 just to check it out... luckily I didn't need it.

This dude seems like your best bet.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/data-recovery-experts-new-york

Good luck Zombie.

EDIT: Realized you pretty much live in Philadelphia. Look up Iphone repair/data recovery on Yelp for Philly (http://www.yelp.com/search?cflt=data...adelphia%2C+PA). It'll probably be cheaper than NY anyway. Hopefully Gaff has some technical wizardry up his sleeve for you.
    Last edited by Slashdog; Jul 15, 2014 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSurfer View Post
    I've got a mac
    Yeah. . . Do you know anyone with a "real" computer ; ) ? Lol, srry 2 b Richard.
    Grab some external storage and your data cable, find a windows PC and plug it in. Windows should/might still treat it as flash storage device, even in recovery mode and you should be able to get your photos. That will be it though. No contacts, no music, no apps without 3rd party software. Worth a shot and it's as good a place to start as any. I fix these things for fun. Apple makes it extra tricky, far cry from the IIC I got in 84.

Bro I had similar issues back in the fall and was able to download 2 different applications for data retrieval off the iPhone. They worked pretty well, I'd have to look back to see what they were called. Free too, it was the shareware version of them and they worked great. Something like iExplore it was called. I'm on Macs too.

Why not contact Shred when he gets out of the joint and see if he can hook you up with the i6? No data retrieval issues whatsoever.

Images
    thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it. Gaff, already tried it lol. My computer at work is windows 8 and when I plugged it in it wouldn't even recognize the drivers... I would have gladly just pulled my photos onto my work computer and restore my phone. all the music, apps, contacts I can re-install/upload to my phone but the photos are what I need. I'm going to give this program called "recboot" a try on my lunch break, basically suppose to be an on/off switch for recovery mode. I'm hoping it works. If not I'll have to give one of the software retrieval programs a go. Spicoli if you recall the name(s) of those free programs lemme know brother!

and slash, I called a mom and pop computer repair shop that's local and the guy was metarded. long story short they could only do hardware fixes like replace the glass, no software stuff. if all else fails I'll try getting in touch with that IT shop in philly, much closer that NYC haha. I appreciate the research man

Images
    Go to an apple store. They will hook it up for free. They have the ability to take all your data, put it on a cloud and then transfer all your apps and stuff back.

Apple sucks. This is why I traded my iphone 4S for a Galaxy. Android based systems aren't a POS like Apple. All apple cares about is money. Itunes and all that is crap. Cause, let's be honest, who actually pays for MP3s?

My new phone is loaded with apps, games, movies for my daughter, all the music I want, and when you plug it in via USB, you have access to every single file on it. It works just like a PC.

USB to iPhone only gives you access to your photos and videos. Anything else on there is hidden.

I have tried those third party apps to load music on and stuff or to retrieve data. They never work....

Take it to an apple store, have them hook it up, and next time you get a new phone, ditch the apple product...

Apple is evil. They have their hands in too many pots. They are too heavy into copyright protection so you have to buy EVERYTHING from them...

Android puts out a sick OS on a sick phone. And once you have it, they don't care what you do with it and where you get files from... Android was built by real programmers, and real hackers, who are all about freedom of information....

Apple SUCKS in everyway. Even the graphic design software and video stuff that was better 15 years ago on a MAC is now better on PC based systems. I run CS6 on my touchscreen with windows 8. SMOKES any POS apple product.

I had to wipe out all my music one time on my iPhone because I had to reinstall windows, and suddenly, itunes wouldn't sync with any of my machines and it basically made me wipe the whole phone out and do a fresh install.....

APPLE SUCKS.... and the only ones that can do it right are the nerds at the apple store.

I loved my iPhone at first, but with such a powerful device, its really a piece of crap....

iPhones are like the human mind. You are only able to use 10% of it's true capabilities, while the other 90% lays dormant because you can't tap into it....

This is why apple lost its market monopoly. Nobody this day in age wants to deal with iTunes and all that crap...

Now, if I want to load a surf video on my phone to watch on a flight, I just transfer it. Going on a road trip and I want to put "Frozen" on it for my daugther. Done in 10 seconds and android isn't trying to block the files and sh**....

My daughter's NABI is smarter than your iPhone.

Again, APPLE SUCKS... always has, always will.... And this is why Bill Gates rules the world. Cause he always "got it".... Back in the day, you could perform ZERO upgrades on a MAC, so you had to purchase a new machine every few years. Microsoft "gets it".... You can trick out a PC anyway you want.

Then it's off to CNET to start looking for software then. Reddit has some recommendations as well. Iscavenge might work, it's free. Good luck.

Images
    I only maintain enough technological proficiency to post here. I hope they fix your computer Mr. Zombie.