LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Bro just checked for you. I used iBackupBot, iExplore, and Fone Rescue. All free. Some are more robust than others.

When you recover all those pics please post the good wahines on here bro.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Bro just checked for you. I used iBackupBot, iExplore, and Fone Rescue. All free. Some are more robust than others.

When you recover all those pics please post the good wahines on here bro.
    Yeah, hope it works for him. Those never worked for me when I tried it. The iPhone software seemed to have been blocking it. The software on the PC would show a sync, but nothing would transfer...

Maybe I just didn't do it right.

Those aren't really syncing applications but more to extract files to be saved to a separate location (aka manual piecemeal backup) or if you needed to delete content so it would not be over capacity and therefore be able to be routinely backed up by iTunes, as in my case.

Images
    Those aren't really syncing applications but more to extract files to be saved to a separate location (aka manual piecemeal backup) or if you needed to delete content so it would not be over capacity and therefore be able to be routinely backed up by iTunes, as in my case.
    I was trying to extract. I had an mp3 database on my PC with like 10,000 files. I had narrowed down to like 100 songs on my iPhone to not take up all the space, cause when you just sync with it, it loads EVERYTHING...

So I was trying to take the 100 songs off my phone, put them in a seperate database, then sync the Phone with that. So all in all, I was trying to extract. I tried a few different pieces of software and the phone just kept blocking the communication...

But again, I probably did something wrong. I tried it on like 3 different machines to no avail

Images
    Thanks again for the support guys. I just got off my lunch and I tried "recboot" and it would only reboot the phone over and over again, continually in recovery mode. Quick downloaded the program "tinyumbrella" and the application wouldn't even start on my computer. It's so aggravating. Zach I'm going to try the apple store after work and pray they can salvage my data. I already spoke with apple tech support online this morning and the girl said I have to system restore and my data is lost. I don't need to hear I should be using icloud. I'm already aware I'm an idiot for not backing it up more frequently. It just annoys me that their product crashes after installing their own OS update and you can't retrieve anything after that. Like you said, you can only tap into 10% of the capabilities of the iphone. Too bad we can't load up the iphone with the same drugs scarlett johansson is on in that new movie.

I used to love all my apple devices. I started using apple products around 13 years ago because everything windows I had was nothing but trouble. For the first ten years using apple it was glorious, not a problem and they were more than happy to go out of their way to help out their customers. I had the same problem about 7-8 years ago but with my iBook G4 and was unfortunately out of warranty, but they replaced my hard drive for free (would have cost over $800) and only charged me a storage rental fee of like 30 bucks for my data while my laptop was being repaired. Now when I go to those stupid stores I'm just hassled by hipsters who seem to just want to work there to seem cool versus actually knowing and appreciating the work they're doing. I'm about to ditch apple altogether now.

Gaff and Spicoli I'm gonna research those programs now and download them when I'm off work (can't access the corporate wifi on my private laptop... bs). Not easy to get a lot of work done when I can't even use my phone anyway. arghh rant over lol
    Last edited by ZombieSurfer; Jul 15, 2014 at 06:19 PM. Reason: you guys posted before I replied

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSurfer View Post
    Thanks again for the support guys. I just got off my lunch and I tried "recboot" and it would only reboot the phone over and over again, continually in recovery mode. Quick downloaded the program "tinyumbrella" and the application wouldn't even start on my computer. It's so aggravating. Zach I'm going to try the apple store after work and pray they can salvage my data. I already spoke with apple tech support online this morning and the girl said I have to system restore and my data is lost. I don't need to hear I should be using icloud. I'm already aware I'm an idiot for not backing it up more frequently. It just annoys me that their product crashes after installing their own OS update and you can't retrieve anything after that. Like you said, you can only tap into 10% of the capabilities of the iphone. Too bad we can't load up the iphone with the same drugs scarlett johansson is on in that new movie.

I used to love all my apple devices. I started using apple products around 13 years ago because everything windows I had was nothing but trouble. For the first ten years using apple it was glorious, not a problem and they were more than happy to go out of their way to help out their customers. I had the same problem about 7-8 years ago but with my iBook G4 and was unfortunately out of warranty, but they replaced my hard drive for free (would have cost over $800) and only charged me a storage rental fee of like 30 bucks for my data while my laptop was being repaired. Now when I go to those stupid stores I'm just hassled by hipsters who seem to just want to work there to seem cool versus actually knowing and appreciating the work they're doing. I'm about to ditch apple altogether now.

Gaff and Spicoli I'm gonna research those programs now and download them when I'm off work (can't access the corporate wifi on my private laptop... bs). Not easy to get a lot of work done when I can't even use my phone anyway. arghh rant over lol
    Note: If you continue to use the iPhone, you can locally backup all your data and apps in iTunes. Matter of fact, I would open up iTunes on your Mac and check the last backup date. It may have automagically done that for you recently. When it does that, it saves all your purchased apps and pics.

No need for iCloud....

Another note to ALL OF YOUZ: Get on GOOGLE PLUS. For years, they have been offering free, unlimited photo and video cloud services. Every photo and video I have EVER taken on any of my devices automatically upload to google plus any time i get within Wi-Fi range. Make sure to set it to Wi Fi only, and you will NEVER have this problem again. I have every pic and video ever, for 5 years up on Google Plus... All free. And you can make it private so no one can access it but you...

Saved me from numerous headaches similar to yours.

And don't trust the chick on the phone. Out of 30 hipsters at the apple store, there will be a few guru's who like a challenge. I am sure they can tap into it somewhow.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    Note: If you continue to use the iPhone, you can locally backup all your data and apps in iTunes. Matter of fact, I would open up iTunes on your Mac and check the last backup date. It may have automagically done that for you recently. When it does that, it saves all your purchased apps and pics.

No need for iCloud....

Another note to ALL OF YOUZ: Get on GOOGLE PLUS. For years, they have been offering free, unlimited photo and video cloud services. Every photo and video I have EVER taken on any of my devices automatically upload to google plus any time i get within Wi-Fi range. Make sure to set it to Wi Fi only, and you will NEVER have this problem again. I have every pic and video ever, for 5 years up on Google Plus... All free. And you can make it private so no one can access it but you...

Saved me from numerous headaches similar to yours.

And don't trust the chick on the phone. Out of 30 hipsters at the apple store, there will be a few guru's who like a challenge. I am sure they can tap into it somewhow.
    Not even a chick on the phone. A girl named TIFFANY... I talked to through IM on apple's support site. And trust me I need one of those old school apple gurus to help me out, all those hipsters that don't know much will only help by what they've been trained with, which is apple only. Those old gurus will know third party ways in and out of the software.

And I know, it's been months since I hooked my phone up to my computer. I used to sync it often but since I have a 64 GB phone it takes like 2 hours to sync everything... Hence my laziness. I should just turn on wifi syncing so whenever I'm home it just does it automatically. I'm shooting myself in foot right now ugh. If apple wasn't so stuck on their own sh!t and would actually work with other hardware I wouldn't be having this problem. If I had an android phone I'd have a 128 GB mini-SD card in there with everything saved on that and would not even have to be dealing with this headache right now.

Images
    Android my dude. It's all about android. Memory Cards. Any game, app, program is downloadable in .apk format from a million sources.... They decided not to hold consumers by the balls....

From a business standpoint, apple is genius, but unless you want to be caught in the endless cycle of money, get out while you can... Apple has never been about people... All business baby.

If Apple had better products, they wouldn't have to take advantage of their customers the way they do.

PC/Android interface is like Atari 2600 bro. Nothing holds a candle to Apple.

I agree there's been an influx of hipsters there in the employee ranks and an outflux of useful smarts but we should be used to that by now in society. We always have to hunt out the decision makers vs. minions and the skilled vs. unskilled. Does every dude at Home Depot know what they're talking about? Hail no. Half are shelf stockers while the other half are retired master tradesmen who know more MacGuyver tactics than we could hope to learn.

I've spent 10k in 5 years at Apple and have 20k in gear from them overall. So when I have an issue, I have no problem walking in there, passing the minions who just want to put you in a queue, going right up to the real ones and if they balk at the assistance I'm looking to get then, yes, I've spent enough funds there where I have no problem playing the "Do you know who I am and how much I've spent here" card. It typically works.

FYI, back in March I had a mid-2010 MacBook Pro that was shotting the bed in multiple ways and was a solid year out of warranty. They shouldn't even have looked at it without charging me based on that fact. Pride started to kick in when they couldn't determine what was wrong with the hard drive or processor when it kept freezing up then only starting sometimes. In the end, they replaced it brand new with an out of the box mid-2012 MBP that cost hundreds more than my ill machine ever did. Cost to me? Zero.

I'm ok with patronizing Apple for a few more years after that one.

Images
    I've spent 10k in 5 years at Apple and have 20k in gear from them overall. So when I have an issue, I have no problem walking in there, passing the minions who just want to put you in a queue, going right up to the real ones and if they balk at the assistance I'm looking to get then, yes, I've spent enough funds there where I have no problem playing the "Do you know who I am and how much I've spent here" card. It typically works.
    Same boat I'm in right now lol