LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    PC/Android interface is like Atari 2600 bro. Nothing holds a candle to Apple.
    Have you played around with one lately? I was not a fan of Android for a few years. I have always hated apple, but agreed that the iPhone was a game changer. This day in age, I much prefer my Galaxy interface. It does EVERYTHING the iPhone does, just better. IMO.

As far as Mac computers, I will never get on board with them. 10 years ago, yeah, PCs would crash all the time. Not anymore. My PC laptop is touch screen, the screen fold in upside down to make it a tablet, its super fast, has never crapped out once and the software available for these machines are about 10,000 times better than anything a MAC can offer. And like I said, all my adobe software and everything that was "meant for macs" runs smooth as a babys bottom....

Mac guys love macs. PC guys love PCs.

I understand getting quality service from them and wanted to stick around. But 3 years ago, iPhones were the tits. They have been surpassed for quite a while now.

And as far as the interface, a free theme for android converts the entire Android device into the newest IOS interface. I tried it for a little bit and realized that the android is just way more robust and a better layout anyway.

But to each there own. You are going to like what you like. I was very hesitant to go Android, but after I did, I don't think I could ever go back unless Apple just revolutionizing things again.

Apple is the Beta, where Android is the VHS... Sorry for the old reference, but Apple revolutionized the handheld market years ago, then everyone took their technology, made it better, more robust and more user friendly... Thats just how it goes to me...

A good friend of mine who runs his own IT company. He did all the cameras in my restaurants, did the network, the wifi, he ONLY uses apple. He and I argue about it all the time. He swears that the hardware is so much better, but EVERY time, it cost us way more money. I love some of their networking HARDWARE, but any device that requires software, I just can't go with apple.

In every business standard, PC is it. When is the last time you walked into an office building, that had MACs running on a network... Unless you are in a video/media business, you simply wouldn't touch the stuff. The industry standard is now, and always will be PC and UNIX based.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    I only maintain enough technological proficiency to post here. I hope they fix your computer Mr. Zombie.
    Aw Seldom, it don't have to be all:

For instance, this is a Sonic Screwdriver (actually it's an atmos bullet 510):

Brave New World man

I got the new iPhone 5 a few months ago after years of refusing. I had the Blackberry curve for like 5 years, my wife has the Galaxy and I gotta say the iPhone blows them both away. I was a hater for years but I'm a believer now. I hate her Galaxy, it's so slow and acts up every time it seems. So to me there is no comparison.

Images
    So after spending the whole night working on my phone I caved and did the system restore... It's in the process of reinstalling all my apps from my last back up, unfortunately which is from january... But at least I can use my phone again. Tried everything from recboot, to tinyumbrella, to redsnow and more. None of them helped and even my IT buddies we're stumped and they deal with these things on the daily. Anyways I'm beat, and fckkk it I'm calling out tomorrow to surf

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zaGaffer View Post
    Aw Seldom, it don't have to be all:

For instance, this is a Sonic Screwdriver (actually it's an atmos bullet 510):

Brave New World man
    Hahahaha you're right about that Gaff, and quite the funny way as always to demonstrate your point. Sometimes I surprise myself with this computer stuff, then you guys start talking about bytes and code and all this other crazy stuff...I think you and capecodcdog went pretty deep into it one day.

I am gonna get with the times and get a smart phone, as soon as I can bring myself to going to the phone store after work, and I'm thinking Galaxy just b/c I hear the camera is great.

Zombie well done on the sick day, I'm debating the same for tomorrow.

Zombie well done on the sick day, I'm debating the same for tomorrow.
    Already came up with an excuse to be off tomorrow so I can surf the Gulf. Yep, I called out for Gulf waves, it's better than no waves, right?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    I got the new iPhone 5 a few months ago after years of refusing. I had the Blackberry curve for like 5 years, my wife has the Galaxy and I gotta say the iPhone blows them both away. I was a hater for years but I'm a believer now. I hate her Galaxy, it's so slow and acts up every time it seems. So to me there is no comparison.
    I felt the same way when I got my iPhone 4S. Which Galaxy does the wife have? I can't vouch for the old ones, but the 4 and 5 are the tits. I was all about my iPhone and one of the managers who worked for me was a big android guy. He was always dloading stuff and showing me all about the phone. He pitched it to me for so long, I changed my views. I look at the iPhones now and they look so tiny.

The only thing I will say about the iPhone, even though the Galaxy has high megapixels and supposedly has a better video camera, I still think that the iPhone's camera system is WAY more intuitive and takes cleaner action shots, photos and video. I have used iPhone photos for professional print jobs and the auto focus is amazing. The Galaxy has all these video features, but it just doesn't "think" the way the iPhone does...

So, on paper, the Galaxy camera is better, but something about the iPhone just makes it "smarter" when you snap a lot of photos....

But ohh well. I loved every moment I had with the iPhone. Can't hate on it too much. The straw that broke the Camels back was that I had a busted screen. Front and back. I even had a case on it. Fell out of my pocket one day, barely even hit the ground, bam, cracked to hell.... Same thing happened to my wife.

And the final Galaxy selling point, was when the guy took his Galaxy and threw it about 15 feet across the room, up against a wall and it smacked on the ground. He walked over, dusted it off and it didn't even had a scratch. He said, that is yet another reason why these phones are better. The Galaxy 5 is water proof, crack proof, the whole nine. You can take that thing under water and play games on it....

I still have an otter box on mine, but I don't have to worry about damaging the thing at all really.

Images
    Ohh, and there are no Sprint Cell/PCS towers on Hilton Head Island. I didn't even have service in my house, or at my restaurant. Every call would drop at the bridge. No reception in a store. It rendered the phone useless. They told me they would send me some magnification equipment to boost my signal, but they wanted like 200 bucks per unit and people that had them on the island said they still didn't work....

So, at the time, Verizon had the free iPhone 5 or the new Galaxy. Copped the new galaxy for free with a new contract. It just kind of worked out that way.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Already came up with an excuse to be off tomorrow so I can surf the Gulf. Yep, I called out for Gulf waves, it's better than no waves, right?
    Word, especially when you're living the #saltlife

So Zach, you say Galaxy?

Images
    Word, especially when you're living the #saltlife

So Zach, you say Galaxy?
    Haha, yeah.

It's a close one. My hatred for apple is on a grand level, not really about the phone. If you don't mind paying for apps and music, and not being able to play movies or videos, or you don't use your phone for those reasons, the the iPhone is great.

To each their own. But with that being said, I guess I will stop my ranting and raving.

I loved my iPhone, I just love the Galaxy more. freedom of information is a big deal to me. It always has been. I used to write open source code a lot. That is how things get better. Being transparent. Apple is many things, transparent is NOT one of them.

That is also why a linux machine will never get hacked and never crash. Open source. Freedom of information. Because all BS aside, if I isolated any of your IP addresses, and you are on a MAC or a PC, I could shut your machine down from my linux box at home with the click of one button.