LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ^just saw those at costco. Looked kinda cool, except that god-awful fin system...but, now that we know puerto is rideable on a skimboard, no one can complain

I walk past that board in Costco at least once a month, and every time the thought crosses my mind how much fun I can have on that thing on a mushy day.

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    I walk past that board in Costco at least once a month, and every time the thought crosses my mind how much fun I can have on that thing on a mushy day.

the board will go, it just has a really soft and delayed turn

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    i have to disagree on the job thing.yea most of his vids are pretty retarded,but hes done some amazing shyt on a soft top,like board transfer in a triple overhead barrel at pipe,charging big jaws on soft tops.i personally think that's awesome and would love to get one of those catch surf boards.its all about having fun.

jamies at the top of the pecking order at pipe,he can chum there on the epic day of the year and get away with it.i would do the same if I was him.u got a world class wave in your backyard,literally,and everytime u want to surf theres 400 people out there.most people are trying to survive and hes just having fun
    He is an incredible surfer. I am just not a fan of his on a personal level. I have watched a lot of his videos over the years, and I have seen too many instances of him, on camera being a tool. Showing up at the beach, looking out at the lineup and saying "Look at all the kooks out today" and just generally being a d-bag. And he is just another rich white boy whos parents bought a house at pipe. Must be nice. He for sure is at the top of the lineup, but he is just a gringo, who has had the luxury of the best wave on the planet in his back yard....

It wouldn't kill the guy to be nice every now and again. I have no problem with guys slamming beers and doing dumb sh**, but he just has that attitude. I would always cheer for him if I didn't think he was such a prick in real life.... Kind of like Andy Irons (RIP)... Dude was a beast in the water, but he had a chip on his shoulder and would never have a filter. He would think it, he would say it. And Andy was another white boy Hawaiian who thought his sh** just didn't stink, that is until Kelly would come around. Kelly would beat him, then Andy would rant and rave about the judges and how he was cheated. Take your losses boys, and when you are one of the best in the world at something, don't be such a di** about it.

I don't care how epic of a surfer you are, you can still be a bigger kook than any newbie on a soft top. Calling people out cause they can't get super deep at pipe is lame.

Sorry for the rant, JOB is just a guy I want to like, but it just doesn't happen for me. I still watch his youtube video and I am always impressed with the guy, but if he sat down next to me at a bar, I would ask the bartender for the check and leave.

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    He is an incredible surfer. I am just not a fan of his on a personal level. I have watched a lot of his videos over the years, and I have seen too many instances of him, on camera being a tool. Showing up at the beach, looking out at the lineup and saying "Look at all the kooks out today" and just generally being a d-bag. And he is just another rich white boy whos parents bought a house at pipe. Must be nice. He for sure is at the top of the lineup, but he is just a gringo, who has had the luxury of the best wave on the planet in his back yard....

It wouldn't kill the guy to be nice every now and again. I have no problem with guys slamming beers and doing dumb sh**, but he just has that attitude. I would always cheer for him if I didn't think he was such a prick in real life.... Kind of like Andy Irons (RIP)... Dude was a beast in the water, but he had a chip on his shoulder and would never have a filter. He would think it, he would say it. And Andy was another white boy Hawaiian who thought his sh** just didn't stink, that is until Kelly would come around. Kelly would beat him, then Andy would rant and rave about the judges and how he was cheated. Take your losses boys, and when you are one of the best in the world at something, don't be such a di** about it.

I don't care how epic of a surfer you are, you can still be a bigger kook than any newbie on a soft top. Calling people out cause they can't get super deep at pipe is lame.

Sorry for the rant, JOB is just a guy I want to like, but it just doesn't happen for me. I still watch his youtube video and I am always impressed with the guy, but if he sat down next to me at a bar, I would ask the bartender for the check and leave.
    challenge him to a dance-off bro

You're never really sure about any of these guys until you know them on a personal level. You will read some accounts from people who have run into someone like JOB for example, and they're always 50/50 positive or negative.

JOBs videos do give the impression that 1) he's a talented surfer in waves of consequence and 2) he seems to come off as an obnoxious person. #2 is subjective, but the all-time excuse for that kind of behavior for those types is: "Oh, he's just having fun!".

Treat people the way you expect to be treated. People who walk through life acting like a doosh and sh*tting over others will get reincarnated as toilet paper in a gas station bathroom.

Images
    I like JOB b/c he occassionally competes in IBA comps at Pipe...if I had those resources and lived there, I'd probly make goofy vids too. Alright, let me get some work done.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by metard View Post
    challenge him to a dance-off bro
    I wouldn't want to embarrass the guy.

I want to have fun just like those goobers in that video. But instead I'm commenting on SI wishing the surf was at least waist high and dreading having to go to work. Best part was the Minutemen soundtrack, best dang punk band ever or will ever be. As soon as the title came up I was hoping for D. Boone to start strumming and he did. Thanks for posting it.

Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    @paulie pretty funny...thanks for that Monty Python flashback