LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 105
  1. #71
    Man, never thought i would say this, but I fully agree with Yankee concerning Walmart.

    Zach, spend the extra $20 a month to avoid Walmart. If not, at least get some funny pics on your Walmart trips to post here.

  2. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    3,607
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    Ohh, that was kinda all over the place, but I was basically trying to say that any other publicly traded company is going to purchase real estate and make decisions based on financial gain for the company. Every other Fortune 500 company, ethically is supposed to do the same. Walmart is just huge, and it hits home for everyone, because no matter where you live, there is a Walmart. If that particular lot was in the best interest of any publicly traded company, they would have bought the lot.... Those kinds of things happen commercially all over the country, but when it's Walmart or McDonalds, you will read about it in the news.

    Thats what I was trying to say. I think.
    Dude. I'd de-construct your last three posts but I don't want to waste 90 seconds of my life.

    Keep on keeping on.

    Walmart is a Death Star, a black hole for hard-working Americans, a vampire squid on the face of humanity. I'm merely pointing out facts. In so doing, I disagree with you. Just pointing out facts, bucko: you have choices. You choose the vampire squid. And if you want a hug, go see waynetheinsaaane.

  3. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    3,607
    Quote Originally Posted by ATANTICOO View Post
    Man, never thought i would say this, but I fully agree with Yankee concerning Walmart.
    The SI Forum: it's a world of wonder.

  4. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hilton Head Island - OB, SD
    Posts
    4,523
    Images
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Dude. I'd de-construct your last three posts but I don't want to waste 90 secondmoleslife.

    Keep on keeping on.

    Walmart is a Death Star, a black hole for hard-working Americans, a vampire squid on the face of humanity. I'm merely pointing out facts. In so doing, I disagree with you. Just pointing out facts, bucko: you have choices. You choose the vampire squid. And if you want a hug, go see waynetheinsaaane.
    Fair enough. But because I shop at Walmart, you compare me to an ice cream peddling, bible pushing, white van, no window driving molester? That's a bit much bro.

  5. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Hilton Head Island - OB, SD
    Posts
    4,523
    Images
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    Gawd, here I am defending Walmart. I have become quite the tool lately. The 22 year old me just appeared out of thin air, slapped me in the face and said "You know why", then vanished.
    Yankee: This is the most real post I've made. From page one. Like I said, I have fought the system at times. Stood up for beliefs. Right now, corporate america just ain't my fight. I was hopeful 7 years ago. Lot of time wasted. I'm just in a different place now. In a few more years, maybe I will be ready to suit up for battle again. Right now. I'm over it. That's all.

  6. #76
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    4,999
    Images
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    florida is the toilet drainpipe of America.nothing good comes,goes,or exists there...except slater,hobgoods,and the lopez bros.i know first hand,half my long lost family lives in cocoa beach,plus I watch a lot of "cops" broward county.sinkholes,shoot first get released same day.kill ur kid get to write a book about it.and u cant chop down trees.lol.if I lived in Miami I would plant my own tree and chop it down 2 years later like yea muddafurkas
    Lotta good stuff there cep, Florida panthers, eastern diamondbacks, cypress swamps, the everglades, mangroves, manatees, and more B)

  7. #77
    the gulf stream...that's about it...and it's a stones throw from the bahamas

  8. #78
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Central FL
    Posts
    4,496
    Take it easy on FL dudes, we got plenty of messed up sh*t here, but lots of awesomeness too. Take a look at your home state, it's just as fugged up if not more! If it's so bad here, why does ever a$$hole in America vacation here? Go F yourselves! J/k, go F each other... There, I feel better.

  9. #79
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    3,607
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    Yankee: This is the most real post I've made. From page one. Like I said, I have fought the system at times. Stood up for beliefs. Right now, corporate america just ain't my fight. I was hopeful 7 years ago. Lot of time wasted. I'm just in a different place now. In a few more years, maybe I will be ready to suit up for battle again. Right now. I'm over it. That's all.
    You is who you is. Every man Jack can have an impact by following one's own moral compass.
    You don't strike me as the sort who would toss litter out the car window, nor would you heave your debris on the beach nor would you throw plastic waste into the ocean. (Would you...?)

    Same thing with Walmart: why patronize known evil? To save .49 cents on peanut butter?

    People make choices as to how to live life. Consciously and sub-consciously. One doesn't pollute the planet because you want life to have meaning in small & large bits. You want to have a positive impact. One guy, one little aspect. It matters. You don't have to get your knickers in a twist about 'fighting corporate America.' Just do the right thing. That's all it takes.

    In a few minutes, I'll leave the house & drive 3 hours to surf choppy windswell as rthe sun comes up. I'll find trash on the beach, left behind by morons, and I'll pack that stuff out to the recycling bins put there by NPS. Because it matters. Not an altruistic bone in my body. I do it because it's the right thing to do & because, well, it's a simple choice to me.

    If you roll over in front of the looming evil Death Star, they own your ass. And they took you cheap.

    I'm going surfing.

  10. #80
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    MD - VA
    Posts
    3,607
    Quote Originally Posted by cepriano View Post
    florida is the toilet drainpipe of America.nothing good comes,goes,or exists there...except slater,hobgoods,and the lopez bros.i know first hand,half my long lost family lives in cocoa beach,plus I watch a lot of "cops" broward county.sinkholes,shoot first get released same day.kill ur kid get to write a book about it.and u cant chop down trees.lol.if I lived in Miami I would plant my own tree and chop it down 2 years later like yea muddafurkas
    "I'm one tough Gazookus
    Which hates all Palookas
    Wot ain't on the up and square.
    I biffs 'em and buffs 'em
    And always out roughs 'em
    But none of 'em gets nowhere."
    (name the singer)

    ceppie, mang, that sounds like a bad therapy sesh......some cool heads live in FLA, like DPSUP, dude.