LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Jellies in NJ

Hybrid View

Jellies in NJ

DOes anyone know why the massive amount of big ass jelly fish suddenly appears in jersey this weekend? my friend got stung by one that he swears was 6 inches in diameter

six inches is not that big dude

It's invasion of the jellies this year. I was paddling out of a current a few days ago and all the jellies seemed to be attracted to the big suckout. I actually stopped paddling to beat the snot out of one with my board because it was too close for comfort. I try not to hurt any living creatures, but things like jellies really gross me out.

Images
    Between the E swell direction and the storm, they are being pushed here with the currents. My friend duck dove a wave and came up with one wrapped around his face.

Images
    there must have been an 8 pound jelly in delaware. they didn't have tentacles though. They are fun throw at each other

ExtremeSpongerChicks Guest

Gross

Quote Originally Posted by tbing View Post
    Between the E swell direction and the storm, they are being pushed here with the currents. My friend duck dove a wave and came up with one wrapped around his face.
    Dude, that must have sucked! I saw quite and few but no contact luckily!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeSpongerChicks View Post
    Dude, that must have sucked! I saw quite and few but no contact luckily!

Yeah the REDS are here I saw one wash up on the beach that was the size of a volley ball. And the clears are here too tons of them.