LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Heavily used hypto krypto

I was in a shop today and found a used hypto krypto for $250. I can't tell if it's very underpriced, or completely worthless. It's pretty yellow (I've never seen a yellow hayden future flex so it makes me think there's something wrong) and a lot of the carbon fiber border is misshapen and unevenly colored (light gray in some places, black in others). Other than a few mysterious dark lines/blotches (possible water damage?) in an isolated area on the bottom though, that's all that I could find wrong with it. It's pretty gross aesthetically, but I think the board is definitely ridable for now.

My only concern is that I'd be spending $250 just because of the haydenshapes logo on something that could become worthless very quickly. I feel like I could flip it later on, but it has a pink traction pad and some of the discoloration would probably turn most people away... Do you guys think I should go ahead and grab it or is it too risky for even 250?

Doesnt sound good. Anything decent is gonna be around 400. I dont think any one would sell a hypto for 250 unless it was garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Bomber View Post
    Doesnt sound good. Anything decent is gonna be around 400. I dont think any one would sell a hypto for 250 unless it was garbage.
    the only reason I have hope is because it's in a pretty kooky shop. i dont think any of the employees actually surf let alone know what a haydenshapes is worth

Quote Originally Posted by surf05 View Post
    the only reason I have hope is because it's in a pretty kooky shop. i dont think any of the employees actually surf let alone know what a haydenshapes is worth
    So that gives you hope? That would turn me away real quick, IMO.

$250 for a board that looks heavily used with water damage and messed up carbon fiber sounds like a pass to me. If the shop is asking $250 then most likely somebody was willing to part with it for less than $200. Not very incouraging.

Images
    Tell them you'll give them 100 clams for it, see what they say.

Take a pic...some of what you describe us no big deal (for example the yellowing)...the other parts of the description Are hard to determine exactly what's wrong. Also, how pressure dented is the deck?

sounds like a pos...I wouldn't touch it

asking if spending 250 on something heavily used is the same as asking if 750 is worth it for a new one.

If you have to ask, its not worth it.

I've owned a few epoxy boards and even the most well used one was still in good shape after several years. For that hypto to be in that bad a shape, the owner didn't just not take care of it...they abused it.