LOGIN | REGISTER

Chincoteague point break

I heard about this point break in chincoteague near the hole and I'm thinking about going there. Anyone know how to get to it and the best conditions for it?

kookiest thing ever. trolling for info on surf spots.

Works best on an WSW swell due to the upwelling of the rip on the north end, go to Ol' Hannigans afterwards if you score to decompress and share stories. Locals aren't bad there, bring a carload of bros if you want. Oh and stay away from Mean Jay.
    Last edited by ElSalt; Jul 20, 2014 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocsurfer12941 View Post
    I heard about this point break in chincoteague near the hole and I'm thinking about going there. Anyone know how to get to it and the best conditions for it?
    its not really a point break but it is an unusual set-up for the east coast. you can drive in w/osv permit + 4WD.
    try a southeast swell w/east or northeast winds. on the incoming it runs along the beach and i bet you'll be
    alone. i surfed it once with a 12 point buck (!!!) watching me from the beach. if you're boating in you can
    moor by/at the now defunct cg station and walk from there….also bring a fishing rod...

It can be really fickle but when its on its great! Look forward to a nice walk.