LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Score?

^^^nice^^^

Images
    it was a wonderful weekend - surfed myself silly and caught tons of fun ones. fun easy peelers, some chest-high on the sets, just an abundance of surf. it's been the best week of summer, hands down. not an excessively crowded line-up, either - not nearly what you'd expect from a summer weekend (although the impact zone was littered with little kids on fun boards...had to be careful down the line coz it's likely the kid you might run over belongs to one of your neighbors).

Friday was crap. I had some ok rides, but the side shore 15-20mph wind was creating a river from N to S in the water. Saturday was perfect on IOP. as the tide was coming in, there were a few clean waist to stomach sets. Surfed for 3 hours straight on clean faces, while the Folly cams looked choppy. I had to do some work around the house yesterday, so I missed another clean waist high day supposedly. Today, once again it looks like Folly is choppy and disorganized, while IOP is clean. I am hoping it holds up until I get out of work this afternoon. If it chops up, tomorrow should be less windy and still waist.

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    Yeah, coulda been a lot more fun if it was a tad bigger and I wasn't on my 9'3. Pretty much every wave ended with my log on the beach and a bail out onto dry sand. Luckily the ol' ankles held up nicely on all the dismounts.
    That's how I put a hole in the tail of my 8'1" on Friday. Well, the hole was already there, had repaired it about 2yrs ago and it held up nicely, but it hit bottom and ripped it right off.

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    That's how I put a hole in the tail of my 8'1" on Friday. Well, the hole was already there, had repaired it about 2yrs ago and it held up nicely, but it hit bottom and ripped it right off.
    I feel your pain....

Quote Originally Posted by JakeF View Post
    I feel your pain....

Yikes! Mine is very minor compared to that. Get that baby fixed!!! Mine is literally on the end of the tail and is the the size of a nickle, took on a little water but I let it drain, so it's ready to repair again.

Surfed Indian River Inlet Sunday, choppy but fun

Quote Originally Posted by DawnPatrolSUP View Post
    Yikes! Mine is very minor compared to that. Get that baby fixed!!! Mine is literally on the end of the tail and is the the size of a nickle, took on a little water but I let it drain, so it's ready to repair again.
    Going to let it dry out then see if I can find someone local that can fix it right. Sucks...

Quote Originally Posted by JakeF View Post
    Going to let it dry out then see if I can find someone local that can fix it right. Sucks...
    Stuff it with silly puddy and wrap it with duct tape, problem solved! HAHAHA