LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
Results 141 to 149 of 149
  1. #141
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The Blue and Green
    Posts
    484
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeF View Post
    Thanks guys. Now all I need are some good waves
    Wait who did you get it done by?

  2. #142
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    New Bedford, MA
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by HighOnLife View Post
    Wait who did you get it done by?
    I did it myself.

  3. #143
    JakeF, nice going. Now the Levy family is going hungry and LSD is out of biz. Hope you can sleep at night now bro.

  4. #144
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    New Bedford, MA
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    JakeF, nice going. Now the Levy family is going hungry and LSD is out of biz. Hope you can sleep at night now bro.
    I'm crushed. His PM to me was good natured and included a helpful pointer for my DIY attempt. I was already past that point when I saw the message, but he did reach out and offer advice, which was a nice gesture. I had no idea that my taking the initiative to solve my own problem would have such devastating consequences to a total stranger. I should be more careful!

  5. #145
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeF View Post
    I'm crushed. His PM to me was good natured and included a helpful pointer for my DIY attempt. I was already past that point when I saw the message, but he did reach out and offer advice, which was a nice gesture. I had no idea that my taking the initiative to solve my own problem would have such devastating consequences to a total stranger. I should be more careful!
    No more Point Judith for you unless you want to get burned every wave by a crazy, arm waving, poo-man stance SUP builder. But you'll be more then welcome to hangout in his windowless white van

  6. #146
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    New Bedford, MA
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by ATANTICOO View Post
    No more Point Judith for you unless you want to get burned every wave by a crazy, arm waving, poo-man stance SUP builder. But you'll be more then welcome to hangout in his windowless white van
    I keep telling myself that I should go surf PJ one of these days, but haven't made the trip yet. It's a bit of a drive for me. I should probably wait until my skill level has improved a bit so that I don't inadvertently make life-long enemies. That would suck.

    Seriously though, I can't imagine feeling compelled to cultivate a long term grudge against someone who might have dropped in on me once or twice. The animosity is crazy thick around here.

  7. #147
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    The Blue and Green
    Posts
    484
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by ATANTICOO View Post
    No more Point Judith for you unless you want to get burned every wave by a crazy, arm waving, poo-man stance SUP builder. But you'll be more then welcome to hangout in his windowless white van
    He's a character........

  8. #148
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeF View Post
    I keep telling myself that I should go surf PJ one of these days, but haven't made the trip yet. It's a bit of a drive for me. I should probably wait until my skill level has improved a bit so that I don't inadvertently make life-long enemies. That would suck.

    Seriously though, I can't imagine feeling compelled to cultivate a long term grudge against someone who might have dropped in on me once or twice. The animosity is crazy thick around here.
    Bro, people have experiences and people have opinions. The only three cats that lost sleep over the incident were seldom, Manissues, and HeyDouche. Levy and I could both seem to care less about it. He didn't take direct issue with it and any further posting I did in this tread was in jest and to keep it going in the hopes it could become an SI classic as it had all the ingredients. But it went the way of Trop Depression #2 and just showed a bigger wind wave for a day then crapped out.

    Tell you what though bro, expect there to be a handful of cats that have a major hard on if you ever comment in any way on the pillars of Rhodey surf society and allude to them being less than invincible and actually capable of human error. Get ready for that tidal wave bro, because in Rhodey surf the serfs aren't allowed to have opinions or perspectives and that's why they're the serfs not the surf kings.

    Do the right thing and give to the Save the Levys fund that seldom has graciously kickstarted on the web. Unfortunately for that clan, breakfast, lunch, and dinner are no longer known entities and shelter is next off the list. Maybe seldom will be so kind as to fundraise for his current employer once he makes him go broke for pissing away overhead of salary and cubicle/neuticle space while seldom punches away keystrokes here on SI instead of work-related tasks. Good thing there's no simod in the tech department in that company!

    JakeF, Rhodey is awesome and I'm stoked for you that being in NB you are close by to it. However, its many sources of goodness do not make it free of error. The provincialist thought process is for the birds as is $80 for a full-day board rental at First Beach. Sounds more like tyranny to me. Then again, there are quite a few good rippers who frequent the breaks there that mind their own biz, share waves with you, and don't require you to have heavy knee pads on your wetty so you can pay homage to the local demigods.

  9. #149
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Turtle Island
    Posts
    4,495
    Images
    6
    ....This guy....