LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    I'm just looking for a quality board repair in this thread, not a surfing partner. Does he do good work at a decent price?

Anyone here have any experience with Ed Camara? He's been recommended by several guys I trust and is closer to where I live than the Narragansett shops , but I haven't come across his contact info yet. PM me if you don't want to post it publicly.

Thanks!
    Jake

Quote Originally Posted by seldom seen View Post
    It's about respect dude, that's all.
    Exactly. And when you respek cats in every lineup you go your name won't often be tattered when it comes up in convo. You get what you give. Based on that dude's self-imposed entitlement you'd think he was the muhfuggin United Way of the surf world. If you're hinting that longevity affords you leniency in integrity, we may have differing mindsets. My model of respek is one that's paid into and drawn from on the daily, not a trust fund that sets you for life because of earlier works.

Not trying to crucify the dude, just saying he craps where he eats on occasion. However, some of you feel a bronze statue should be commissioned in his honor on Memorial Boulevard.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeF View Post
    I'm just looking for a quality board repair in this thread, not a surfing partner. Does he do good work at a decent price?

Anyone here have any experience with Ed Camara? He's been recommended by several guys I trust and is closer to where I live than the Narragansett shops , but I haven't come across his contact info yet. PM me if you don't want to post it publicly.

Thanks!
    Jake
    Hahaha sorry Jake, you're a good dude. This all started when I gave my worthless two cents rebutting who I thought you shouldn't go to for board surgery. Was trying to stick with the tread and then everyone took LSD and lost their mind.

That's no simple fix for a first ding repair, but you may want to look into cultivating your repair skills if you're to stay in this game and in the water often. The most dings you'll get will occur early on so it's a good idea and not very hard to get acceptable at doing. It's fun too if handiwork is a hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeF View Post

Thanks!
    Jake
    HAHA, good luck in your search dude, if you can't seem to find anybody to fix it, then try your hand at it yourself. Youtube videos and a ding all ding repair kit will probably get you through it if worse comes to worse. Won't be the prettiest repair but if you follow instructions well, you can at least make it water tight. This thread is already derailed so good luck trying to keep it on the tracks! SI at it's finest...

Quote Originally Posted by EmassSpicoli View Post
    Not trying to crucify the dude, just saying he craps where he eats on occasion. However, some of you feel a bronze statue should be commissioned in his honor on Memorial Boulevard.
    Memorial Blvd is the other side of RI.

Jake, tons of board repair tutorials on Youtube. No need to pay someone in this day and age.

Quote Originally Posted by ATANTICOO View Post
    Memorial Blvd is the other side of RI.
    Ya brah but it seems to be one of the more prominent places when a figure of such immortal stature is to be gilded for eternity.

Images
    No one took LSD, I prefer psilocybin...my only point is I don't think it's right to drop 'irl' names and then talk disparagingly about the individual...if anything, just tell JakeF where to go.

You mad, bro?

Levy is an old fart. I said he acted like a kook and a pompous one, not that I'd beat up an old guy. I wouldn't waste fisticuffs on him, that would be bullying. I've not been in a physical altercation in society in 15 years either. Haven't had to, and when the situations arose, tact and reminding opponents of available options has prevented any devolution of parties involved. Mugshots aren't cool bro. Guarantee you I've both taken and handed out more jabs, hooks , and crosses in the street and in training than kookboards your buoy has plastered together.

Glad you and the good ole boys are keeping it grandiosely positive in your heads and ready to put serious smack down on society when in fact you're washed up and selling ice cream. You playing Glory Days on repeat on cassette tape or 8-track bro?
    Still blabbing. You wreak of kook. My line-up ranges from 12 to 70 and we all surf - a lot, and everyone gets respect and nobody runs their mouth. You got some shots of yourself pulling into a few bombs you want to share with us? Get a few 5 mil barrels this February? I bet you have some radical surf stickers on your car. Keep shredding up the forums brah. You are a real internet surf legend.

That's no simple fix for a first ding repair, but you may want to look into cultivating your repair skills if you're to stay in this game and in the water often. The most dings you'll get will occur early on so it's a good idea and not very hard to get acceptable at doing. It's fun too if handiwork is a hobby.
    I've done enough automotive body work that I wouldn't hesitate to do it myself if it wasn't so close to the fin plug. Even so, I'm sure I could get it water tight easily enough, just not sure about the structural integrity of the fin. It has been suggested several times that I should lose those side bite fins on my LB anyway and just use the center fin only, so maybe it's not that big of a deal ...