LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1

    Oak Island/Holden beach spots

    'rents are moved into their house in Southport. 5 mins from the Oak Island bridge. I have to go down this weekend and p/u the rug rat. Anyone got any local info on spots? I got no problem going exploring but if anyone wants to drop some knowledge please PM me instead of posting here. I know it's not a surfing mecca and but don't want to blow up anyone's spot. Don't need the MIB showing up at my door. I got CB/KB covered but never paddled out at Oak Island.

    Step-mom lives 5 mins from Holden, I've only hit the N end. I don't get down to see her much, but have to make the trip every now and then. Any info there much appreciated as well.

    Any other non-classified info (good eats, surf shops, etc.) feel free to post away.

    Thanks,
    Tlok

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    wb
    Posts
    2,036
    Quote Originally Posted by tlokein View Post
    'rents are moved into their house in Southport. 5 mins from the Oak Island bridge. I have to go down this weekend and p/u the rug rat. Anyone got any local info on spots? I got no problem going exploring but if anyone wants to drop some knowledge please PM me instead of posting here. I know it's not a surfing mecca and but don't want to blow up anyone's spot. Don't need the MIB showing up at my door. I got CB/KB covered but never paddled out at Oak Island.

    Step-mom lives 5 mins from Holden, I've only hit the N end. I don't get down to see her much, but have to make the trip every now and then. Any info there much appreciated as well.

    Any other non-classified info (good eats, surf shops, etc.) feel free to post away.

    Thanks,
    Tlok

    that's the only spot i have surfed too

    free bump

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Promontorium Tremendum
    Posts
    1,082
    Images
    1
    sometimes Holden Beach looks like this:



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bogue Banks
    Posts
    79
    Images
    2
    you mean ONE time Holden beach looked like that

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Promontorium Tremendum
    Posts
    1,082
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sobx View Post
    you mean ONE time Holden beach looked like that
    define "one time". one wave? one minute? one hour? one day?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    sometimes Holden Beach looks like this:


    Wow. Great pic Hanna. I'm assuming that was a S swell??? When was that?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Mase
    Posts
    19
    Holden beach only gets S swell man, cmon

    Quote Originally Posted by tlokein View Post
    Wow. Great pic Hanna. I'm assuming that was a S swell??? When was that?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Promontorium Tremendum
    Posts
    1,082
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jlmlax99 View Post
    Holden beach only gets S swell man, cmon
    the top one is Hurricane Earl, 6 or 7 years ago...not sure about the bottom one. rare, to be sure, but has the potential to be epic when it does go off.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by hanna View Post
    the top one is Hurricane Earl, 6 or 7 years ago...not sure about the bottom one. rare, to be sure, but has the potential to be epic when it does go off.
    I've got a friend who's wife's family has a house at Sunset and surfs there a lot, similar waves as HB. He's said the same thing. Normally not much, but can go boom with the right swell.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    667
    HB, OI, SB, all seem to need 3 ft of swell at the minimum just to start breaking off the shore pound. from the looks of it that ain't happening this weekend. Whenever we get some S swell at CB I always keep one eye on the HB report page here to see whats brewing there. makes for a nice short surfari. good luck!