LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    oh and while we are on it has anyone ever met the 4 or 5 older gentlemen that regularly surf the inlet there at Holden? All on Longboards, and nice as can be. I first met them 2 winters ago on a particularly amazing day where the inlet was working like a mini-mailbu and I had just gotten my Allison noserider back from repairs so I was beyond giddy. waist high and peeling forever. they were kind enough to share the waves with me and took me in as one of the crew for a few hours. I got names but the waves were too good to remember anything but the smiles on all of their faces and the hoots and hollers everyone was giving one another. A truly magical day that I have been trying to relive every time I go back down that way. Sadly I've been skunked everytime but once since then. Those Brunswick islands are the ficklest of breaks to be sure.
    Last edited by babybabygrand; Jul 22, 2014 at 03:32 PM.

Thanks for the info BBG, esp. about needing 3ft to get any action. Depending on when the p/u for the lil one is scheduled I may just hit CB first then head over and get the lil one then see if there's anything for her to play on.

My Dad's best friend had a house at HB back in the day, used to go there often. Was the only beach I knew for many years. Was weird to go back after being away for +20yrs. Sucks you can't go out on the south end anymore.

Never seen those guys but I don't get to HB that much. If I do see ever see them and they take me under their wing I'll try to remember their names and forward to you (with their permission of course).

Take care,
    Tlok

This Oak Island?

Quote Originally Posted by tlokein View Post
    Any other non-classified info (good eats, surf shops, etc.) feel free to post away.
    Hope all is well! Eat here!

provisions.jpg

(Provisions in Southport)