LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Delaware, Maryland, North Carolina, Virginia
    Images

Music you listen to pre-session to fire u up (surfing / bodyboarding)?

Everyone...

Might be a slightly cheesy post... but was talking to some friends about music they listen to pre-session (on the way) before jumping in the water.

Thought it might be cool to get a master Playlist going from folks on Swellinfo.com. There is a great balance of ages, disciplines (surfing/bodyboarding) so I bet the list is pretty sick and pretty diverse collectively.

I am always looking for cool music or good playlists.. thinking others are similar. Drop a line here with your number 1 seed you and we can compile a living playlist.

[Micah I tried to include code for a media player via playlist.com to play the list as we compile and the message board won't process it]

AC / DC - Hell's Bells
    *I'm a bit old school. Love the beginning of this song with the bells, and the build of the song. Love staring at the waves listening to this before I jump in.

-CR

The Peake Pals a community for Peake friends
    PeakeUSA.com

Images
    HTML code is off so you can't embed anything.

I usually try to pick something I can keep in my head. Simple beats or some lyrics I like. It helps me focus like singing or keeping the beat in my head.

Images

Cool Pre-session tunes

Tiger Army - Never Die for head high plus victory at sea drift sessions.
    Anything from Operation Ivy for clean chest plus conditions.
    Led Zeppelin - Ramble On for the longboard sessions

I have so many things in rotation for presession.

QOTSA - Lullabies to Paralyze - In My Head
    RATM - RATM - Settle For Nothing
    WuTang - Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers) - C.R.E.A.M.
    Concrete Blonde - Anything Early
    T.S.O.L. - Revenge - Colors (Take Me Away)
    Dead Prez - Lets Get Free - Hip-Hop

and so much more...

I think I am up to around 700GB of music.
    Last edited by Chris Joyner; Jul 17, 2008 at 01:22 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Joyner View Post
    I think I am up to around 700GB of music.
    You honestly cannot listen to 700gb of music. I have about 25 on my computer and I don't listen to it all. I'm hoping this is a typo and its just 70.

Groove Armada "At the River" always dials me in
    Anything by Matt the Electrician, Amber Pacific, Diego Roots
    Slightly Stoopid "Collie Man"

and so much more...

Delaware, Maryland, North Carolina, Virginia
    Images
    Nice list.. quite a few I hadn't heard before and liked them. I built a playlist of the songs (see below) to listen to them. We can't embed the media player here. Check em out and other folks who have some favorites post here and I'll keep adding them. Only one I coudn't find to post was Tiger Army.

http://www.playlist.com/node/40933671 - SwellInfo.com Pre Session Playlist

-CR
    Last edited by Chris_PeakeUSA; Jul 18, 2008 at 03:06 PM.

DB _ The secret art of science 2
    Ernest Ranglin _ Below the Bassline
    Funkadelic _ Maggot in the Mind

I'm a bit old school with a cd player, so those are the album names, not song. And if your not down with Ernest Ranglin, check him out. Reggae/Jazz guitarist, amazing.

They're my top 3 right now, but I also arrange and produce music for fun so I've been letting the finished product play right before I paddle out (good way to see how it feels being that the beats play over and over in my head in the water).

Quote Originally Posted by tbing View Post
    You honestly cannot listen to 700gb of music. I have about 25 on my computer and I don't listen to it all. I'm hoping this is a typo and its just 70.
    No typo, I am an audiophile. I update my 60GB iPod with new stuff every time I travel and that is often. I am also a completest.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_PeakeUSA View Post
    Nice list.. quite a few I hadn't heard before and liked them. I built a playlist of the songs (see below) to listen to them. We can't embed the media player here. Check em out and other folks who have some favorites post here and I'll keep adding them. Only one I coudn't find to post was Tiger Army.

http://www.playlist.com/node/40933671 - SwellInfo.com Pre Session Playlist

-CR
    Revenge is the album... add this song instead. Colors (Take Me Away) Great idea btw.