LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeItStop View Post
    ironically I was duecing as I posted
    That is not irony that I smell then.
    Last edited by World B Frielinghaus; Jul 24, 2014 at 08:08 PM.

Images
    Zach, the olc boys outta waverly oc are an example of charging competent longboarders. They have great wave knowledge and score waves, and surf with style....On a big day there would be some carnage from the extra foam yes, but you'd see some excellent surfing

BassMon I prefer a shortboard when its over chest hi, but I can see the fun in riding a log in some chunky lumps

kinda nightmare if you are surfing and then a dozen longboarders come out, but for the most part they are jolly good C U nts
    Yeah, no doubt. There is a reason though out west that no one is at the good beach breaks when it's over 6-7 feet. Regardless of what board you are on. There are reefs and points offering up too much goodness. The women's longboarding comp had the entire beach to themselves for a reason. On most contest days, we were right out next to them, lined up on the North Peak, letting them get what they wanted and we would clean up the scraps. There was a reason nobody was out as far as the eye could see....

It was an epic day of fail though. Epic.

Images
    ironically I was duecing as I posted
    Ohh, and wipe off that phone. I read a study a couple years ago that ran lab tests on 100 cellphones. Like 9 out of 10 of them had traces of human feces as well as many different "body fluids"... Everytime someone at work trys to hand a cell phone call off to me, I am like, uhhh... wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    Im riding a self shaped 5'1" ... Had a long boarder drop in on me and I caught right up to him, no hoping just pure gliding speed.
    Does hope usually generate a lot of speed on that board? If so, you may want to PM Wayne, I think he's been waiting for you for a thousand years or so.

I think it really comes down to the right board for conditions. Obviously. Duh. The point I was making is LBs aren't soley small wave boards, and just because you have a SB that has allot of foam dosn't make them obsolete, or not needed/wanted. Riding a LB in any wave is diffrent then a SB, and some people enjoy it. Therefore there not going anywhere.

Also was watching some clips on YouTube and found two clips that I feel should be placed here. Enjoy.

Bonga Perkins part in singlefin: yellow. Not posting this because his riding it at pipe, but because of what he says about it.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x6PdtMkt8S8

This is just a random clip I found, some of it is s bit to high performance for me. I do think at a certain point, like when you start doing airs you should just go to a SB. But there's some good surfing in there. And he's towing in to some big stuff in the beginning, variety of approaches. Enjoy.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pROUgEipiu0

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BassMon View Post
    I think it really comes down to the right board for conditions. Obviously. Duh. The point I was making is LBs aren't soley small wave boards, and just because you have a SB that has allot of foam dosn't make them obsolete, or not needed/wanted. Riding a LB in any wave is diffrent then a SB, and some people enjoy it. Therefore there not going anywhere.

Also was watching some clips on YouTube and found two clips that I feel should be placed here. Enjoy.

Bonga Perkins part in singlefin: yellow. Not posting this because his riding it at pipe, but because of what he says about it.

This is just a random clip I found, some of it is s bit to high performance for me. I do think at a certain point, like when you start doing airs you should just go to a SB. But there's some good surfing in there. And he's towing in to some big stuff in the beginning, variety of approaches. Enjoy.
    That second video was sick. Thanks for posting. I love that guys style... My approach to Longboarding, after SBing my whole life, is definately more of SB approach. I will nose ride as well, but I have no problem swinging the 9'3 around. Never even though to try an air on it, so that is a little crazy...

But some LBers hate that approach. I personally love it. It's not all straight lines and nose rides. Long Boards can do so much more, especially with a thurster setup, which that guy was obviously using. Cool video.

Great videos, both of em. Makes me wanna go surf

Yea man I love whipping the LB around. After watching that clip a 2nd time, your right that guys style is pretty dope. Not to high performance at all, I don't know what I was thinking. I guess I was really just talking about the airs being a bit much. I enjoy to nose ride from time to time but when waves are good and I'm not thinking about it, my go to approach is to start whipping the LB around. So much fun. That's the beauty of getting HPLB, you can nose ride if you'd like, but when it's time to start loosening up a bit on a sizeable wave it really starts to shine.

Yea man I love whipping the LB around. After watching that clip a 2nd time, your right that guys style is pretty dope. Not to high performance at all, I don't know what I was thinking. I guess I was really just talking about the airs being a bit much. I enjoy to nose ride from time to time but when waves are good and I'm not thinking about it, my go to approach is to start whipping the LB around. So much fun. That's the beauty of getting HPLB, you can nose ride if you'd like, but when it's time to start loosening up a bit on a sizeable wave it really starts to shine.
    Getting me all stoked to pickup my new stick next week, can't wait!

Images
    What I really enjoy about longboarding in good waves and in general is that you need all the skills to do it right. There is a time and place where you need to get on the nose to generate speed and prolong the wave and a time when you need to sit on the tail and sink a rail for a hard turn. It's multidimensional, dynamic surfing using the whole board when it's done right.