LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

need help with a vintage board

The boards only $50, which seems way to low to me. I was looking to get it so I can have some fun in cruddy conditions, but i don't wanna buy a board that needs a ton on refurbishing. Heres the link, give me your opinion.http://surfboards-sale.com/vintage-s...oard-el-paipo/
    Last edited by GODSxMOONBEAN; Jul 23, 2014 at 04:24 PM.

Images
    Linky not working for me.

Sorry, first time posting a link. I think it works now.

Images
    No worries...needs a little work on the tail obviously, but F it, for 50 bucks...I guess depends how loose the fin box is too. Neat board though.

Thank you for the help. I guess i'll wing it and buy the dam thing. If the fin box ends being sh*t ill go with no fin.

Images
    Wish I coulda helped more, but one can never have too many boards so i'm glad you're going for it.

Images
    It looks like a knee board - not a longboard...are you looking for a 5 ft knee board??

Quote Originally Posted by walkingonh2o View Post
    It looks like a knee board - not a longboard...are you looking for a 5 ft knee board??
    $50 FOR….what? what is that? i dunno; maybe instead see what $100 can do for you at your local shop...

If I saw this knee board in person for $50 , I would pick it up.

HOWEVER...

Nose/tail/rails need a lot of work, I hope you are good at fixing dings and have an orbital sander. If the fin box is really bad that would be a definite deal breaker. There's a reason it's only $50. Could always Solarez it and watch it slowly die, if you can live with yourself.

It's in California? I could never buy a used/damaged board without being able to inspect it in person. And you're going to pay shipping for this thing? Because that will bring it squarely out of the 'worth it' zone and right into the 'throwin money down a hole' zone.

Looks like it's sold now, guess that was you. Hope you circumvented the shipping somehow. Please report back once it is acquired.

looks like a POS. besides, you probably couldn't kneeboard on it anyways. a paipo is actually a big bodyboard with a fin on it. do one google search and you will discover that. save your money.