LOGIN | REGISTER

Images

Cutting Sleeves Off 3/2 to Make S/S Full?

I was thinking about using a razor for a really sharp, straight cut. But then I just realized I wouldn't be able to do anything about the threaded seams, they would eventually start to come apart. Well, I guess I could fuse them.

worked fine for me on an old 3/2 back zip, never came apart/unraveled. i just used scissors.

Images
    neoprene glue. Your surf shop should have it.

4. took me 30 seconds to cut mine with scissors 3 years ago and its still fine

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rvb View Post
    worked fine for me on an old 3/2 back zip, never came apart/unraveled. i just used scissors.
    Did it have liquid seal seams tho?

Be careful if you put anything on the seams. Back in the day I did the same thing and used aquaseal on the seams. The aquaseal didn't stretch so it had to break or be carefully cut so you could get the suit on. All of those little breaks/cuts scratched the crap out of my arms.

Images
    nub.tv nub.tv

Cut my old 3/2 full and made a springsuit that was 4 yrs ago and its held up fine. Get some sharp scissors.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmycrab View Post
    Cut my old 3/2 full and made a springsuit that was 4 yrs ago and its held up fine. Get some sharp scissors.
    Did it have thread seams? They didn't come un-done?