LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Images

EC Oil Exploration, Official as of Friday

I know we discussed wehn it was proposed, but now it's official. And save all that jazz about energy independence, b/c we'll probably just sell the oil to China.

http://www.usnews.com/news/us/articl...-search?page=2

Images
    I literally just face palmed and shook my head while doing so...

It's this kind of crap that infuriates me. Basic common sense tells you there is a finite amount of fossil fuel materials within the planet. GO FOR SUSTAINABLE ALTERNATIVES. I really am so sick of how need and greed for money makes the world spin into an abyss. If only they would take the funding for this and put it towards tapping into the unlimited amounts of energy out there.

You want to tap into the energy in the ocean? Try putting these offshore for starters:

At least with these it's not going to fck with everything in the water thousands of miles away

Images
    oh **** no

Images
    I know dudes, I know. Zombie I'm with ya 100%, it's so god damn sickening, and that's all it is:greed, money, lobbyists...imho.

blasters, **** no is right. We might have to paddle our asses over to England if BP ****s up another inch of coastline.

how would fish avoid your propellers lined up together. looks like a giant sushi blender.

Don't blame me, I voted for Obama-Texaco, not BP Global Romney

i swear bp is the fukin greatest.i wish I could get away with the stuff they do.its like a schoolbus driver flips over and kills all the kids everytime it goes out,so we get a bigger schoolbus.that's how bp thinks.gas aint getting any cheaper,they will destroy the few waves we have and still pay over 3 bucks for gas

Quote Originally Posted by epictetus View Post
    Don't blame me, I voted for Obama-Texaco, not BP Global Romney
    this part concerns me.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by obxjams View Post
    how would fish avoid your propellers lined up together. looks like a giant sushi blender.
    While I'm sure some sushi would be inevitable with those underwater turbines, the overall fallout from some diced up fish would pale in comparison to sending out sonic blasts across the entire atlantic (not to mention the later impact of the mining/drilling/burning of fossil fuels being searched for). Think of the worst song you’ve ever heard in your life, and that blasting for hours in the sky as loud as you can imagine, that’s probably what it’s going to be for most sea life. And really fck things up for creatures that use sonar to communicate, like whales.

Also, I haven’t researched them too much, but scaling wise compare those turbines to the electric windmills. Basically same principle just using underwater currents instead of wind. I think they’re slow moving and would take a three eye fish from the simpsons to get cut up by it. And if need be, I’m sure they could put a fencing/cage around it without impeding the currents
    Last edited by ZombieSurfer; Jul 23, 2014 at 08:44 PM.

Images
    Wind + solar + geothermal + a reasonable standard of living(not the current exhorbitance)= the possibility of a few more generations.